Twenty Three.

*Warning - this chapter contains content some may find triggering.

                                          ~

"Thank-you." I smiled at the man sat next to me in the drivers seat. "Seriously." I spoke, referring to his own words earlier.

"Anytime." He nodded his head with a returned smile.

Our gazes lingered on each-other for a few seconds, before i quickly snapped back to the task in hand. Getting out of the car...Right.

I shut the passenger door before looking up at him once again through the open window. He was smirking.

"Thanks. Erm, again." I pressed my lips into a thin line. Fucking hell Sofia, do you want to make this anymore awkward?

Then i was off. I heard his car start up in the background, thankful that he wasn't hanging around any longer.

As i walked up the drive of my home, i noticed one thing. My mom's boyfriend's car was no longer parked on the drive. It's usual spot.

My shaky hands found the front door, letting myself inside. What i saw next was something i'd never forget.

"Mom?" I gasped.

There she was. Sat on the floor of the kitchen, bottle in hand. Bottles on the ground. Glass smashed.

My knees quickly found the spot next to her nimble body. She wasn't blacked out, but she was definitely not sober.

"Mom- what, what's happened?" I lulled her head up with my hands, which was before hung low on her shoulder.

I could feel my heart dropping even more with every second. I hadn't seen my mom in such a state in a while.

Her eyes mirrored mine as she looked at me. Her once glowing, soulless blue eyes. I was always told i got my looks from my mom. Same hair colour, same nose, lips.

But never eyes. I had my dad's eyes.

"You." She slurred, however the anger was evident on her voice.

My brows furrowed. Me?

"You ruined this family. My family." I could barely comprehend her words, my mouth going dry. "Me and your dad were happy...Until you came along...fucked everything up." Her lips shrivelled with rage as she spoke.

My hands slowly fell from her face. My ears rung.

What? I ruined the family? She's never said anything like this before... Similar, but never anything this transparent...

The tears fell from my eyes before i could stop them. My spine shivered.

"Mom?" I barely muttered in a whisper.

"My family." She spoke through her teeth. Her sudden movements shocked me. Her left hand tightened its grip around the bottle neck. "My family!" And that's when i felt it.

The empty bottle came crashing down on my skin, in what felt like a million little pieces.

My yelp didn't, and couldn't describe how much pain i was really in. Physically, and mentally. My open mouth hissed as i peered down with blurry eyes at the damage made on my skin. It was mostly my left thigh. A slash now evidently bleeding bright red.

Through my own shock, i hadn't realised my mother had now vanished. From her spot on the kitchen floor, and the house completely. That was evident through the sight of the now empty driveway.

My back hit the surface behind me, as i attempted to raise my leg. My cries were silent, yet so loud. It almost felt as if i wanted to let everything out. All i'd been holding in. But i couldn't. Not now.

My hand reached for my phone in my back pocket. My fingertips found the only persons contact i could even begin to think about at the moment.

I know, i wanted to keep everything about my home life hidden from this man, down to the last detail. But who else was there to call? Practically.

His voice filled my ears. "Sofia? I literally just dropped you off, what's wron-?"

"Rafe." I sobbed, my composure now completely crumbling. "Help."

~

.