Eighteen.

My body lugged forward through Rafe Cameron's front door. I was exhausted. Completely and utterly.

I had been putting off my feelings for so long. Too long.

So much shit has gone on in my life, and in a space of only a few weeks. I'd been trying to hide it; trying to push it down to the soles of my feet, just like i have always have.

But everyone has a limit.

I wish there was just a way i could block it all out. Everything weighing on my body and mind. Go into a year long sleep or something. If that was even possible. It wasn't.

Which is why i knew i had to just accept it. For once. It was bound to happen soon enough. Every thought, every action, and it's harsh consequences would eventually come crashing straight down.

I heard the door close behind me. My sore eyes, and damp cheeks stung. I just wanted to rest.

Which is why i was also still racking my brain on how i ended up in the Cameron's house hold, enclosed in the comfort of the man i've some what despised for years. Call it a miracle.

"You- you hungry?" I heard him ask apprehensively.

I knew this was weird for Rafe. Being real, everyone knows this was absolutely alien to him. Taking care of someone. Especially a girl.

Let's just say the guy has a reputation.

"I'm okay." I mumbled.

He nodded slowly. "So you want to talk?" He spoke genuinely. Almost too genuinely. It made me slightly concerned. Seriously, what has gotten into this guy? I mean don't get me wrong, it was nice. Maybe Rafe really has changed for the better... But it just confused me.

"Honestly, Rafe." I sniffed quietly. "I just really want to sleep right now." I gave a small smile, trying to show him i really did appreciate his actions. But i didn't want to be vulnerable. Not right now. Knowing me, i'd probably get too comfortable and start over sharing my whole fucking life story, ins and outs and everything.

"Yeah, yeah i get you. Cmon." He nodded in the direction of the stairs. "Sarah's out. I'm pretty sure, she won't mind you sleeping in her bed for the night."

I hummed tiredly, following his trail up the grand staircase.

This was so odd, i told myself. I know i keep going on about it, but can you blame me?

I pushed away my thoughts, smiling tightly at Rafe when i reached Sarah's bedroom. His was only opposite.

"If you um, need anything. Just come grab me. Yeah?" He spoke nervously. This was so out of character for Rafe. It was actually kind of sweet.

I held back a slight smile at the thought and nodded. "Thankyou. Like actually, this is really nice of you."

"Yeah, alright." He now fought a smile back too, disappearing away into his own bedroom.

I lingered behind the closed door for a minute or so, before snapping out of my daze and dragging myself into Sarah's room and onto her bed.

I relished in the soft sheets below me, relaxing into the comfy mattress. Kooks beds are even nicer too, damn...

~

I think i was asleep for a good three hours or so, lost in a world of my own dreams. Peace. Sleep was somewhere i knew my mind could rest.

This was until i heard a door shut somewhere near in the house. Are you kidding. That's what fucking woke me up? Usually i could sleep through a bloody hurricane or something.