II

When Leya woke up, she was laying in the grass, the man, Manwë she believed, was sat at her side and when he saw her woke up, he smiled at her. Leya smiled back and stood up before speaking.

"How do you say again... Mellon? Oh no, that's Sindarin."

Seeing his confused look, she decided to use a vulgar sign language to make herself understand. She put a her on her chest and said: "Leya."

Then she pointed at him.

"Manwë."

Before coming back to her.

"Leya."

He looked at her still a little confused. Come on, Manwë, it is not that hard to understand, she thought, sighing mentally. Fortunately, before she had start her explanations again, he made the exact gestures Leya had just made.

"Manwë."

Bravo, you know your name! the young human thought ironically. Manwë unaware of her thought, make a hand movement toward her and spoke on more time.

"Leya."

She nodded and he held out his hand, inviting her to follow him. Well, he gives his trust quickly, she thought, rolling her eyes at his naivety. But Leya accepted it with no comment. Having a Vala by your side is always good instead of nobody, she said to herself before nodding to her logic.

"Follow me young Leya."

"Just because we exchanged names doesn't mean I understand Quenya now."

He smiled at her, and they started walking towards somewhere. After a few minutes, Manwë started pointing at things before teaching her their names, and then, Leya never thought that the most powerful Valar (after Melkor) would stoop to that, but he mimed simple actions like eating and sleeping and taught her the words. This gave her a pretty basic vocabulary before they arrived at the bottom of the mountain where he lived.

"And how do we get up there?", Leya asked him, tilting her head at one side.

He smiled at the girl and wrapped one of his arms around her waist before flying off.

"Oh my god. Do not let go!", she exclaimed while hugging him hard, trying to no slip of his grip.

The climb was quick, and they soon found themselves at the top of the mountain. A city was built there. Everything was pearly white and in the center of the city stood a house bigger than the others. Manwë's house. Leya was so amazed by the beauty of what was in front of her eyes that she did not even realize that their feet had found solid ground. Manwë still had his arm around her waist, and she still had the fabric of his sleeve in her hands. He made Leya let go of him gently before taking her hand in his. If my memory is good, the people of Ingwë live here too. So, I should see some elves soon... Here they are! Leya was beaming with excitement at the idea of seeing elves, and had already forgotten the unrealistic flight she had just experienced to get where she was standing. God, they are big and sparkling. And with their blond hair. Too much beauty for my poor eyes, she thought dramatically while putting an arm in front of her eyes as if to protect herself from the aura of light that she saw around the elves.

"Elves.", the Vala beside her said, taking Leya out of her overreaction and bringing her back to reality

Manwë looked at her intrigued by her reaction to the sight of the elves. Mostly because she was halfway to crying. What about me? Did the magic of the scenario make me a fucking elf? That would be so cool! Leya thought excited to know if magic had worked on her body. She quickly put her hand up to her ears but only felt rubber. Damn my swimming cap, she thought, a bit annoyed with herself. She took it off, letting her hair down, and checked her ears. Ah. Still round, the girl thought sadly, the magic of a scenario had not made her an elf and she remained in her poor human and mortal condition.