XVII

Days of pure bliss passed for the two lovers. Harsh words and actions forgot for sweet whispers and promises. Nenlissë separated her time between Teivel's home and Arafinwë's castle. Nobody knew about their engagement, nobody had to know was what Teivel put in her head. A secret, just between the two. Theirs.

Nenlissë was caught up in her happiness to see the signs, the future arriving faster than she would think. One think was on her mind, or rather two. Teivel and marriage. How happy would her parents and family be when they'll learn the news, she thought, how magnificent her life is going to be with the love of life. Was she wrong to think that? To believe that? Who knows?

The elf was satisfied with the situation. Everything was going according to what he had planned. The human, his human was sleeping beside him.

"So naive" he whispered, brushing her hair out of her forehead. "You don't realize how much you're helping me, lovely girl" he smirked before looking up to the sky.

"Isn't funny, father? How she fell for my spell. How I made her my pet before you would use her as your puppet. I won this battle, father. And watch me won the war."

He gave a last smile to the sky before his gaze fell on Nenlissë as she stirred awake.

"Did I wake you up, beautiful?" he whispered with a smile. Nenlissë shook her head, her eyes fixed on Teivel's face with an access smile. "Not really..." she replied, softly turning around to lay on her stomach, her head resting on Teivel's chest. The elf wrapped an arm around her torso and kissed the top of her head.

"Something is bothering you." he stated. It wasn't a question but an affirmation.

She looked up at him before sighing. "I don't think I've been entirely honest with you, Teivel."

He raised a brow "Oh really? Tell me, then." His voice and eyes were a bit stern, but his actions weren't, as he rubbed in circle Nenlissë's back.

"Before... we met. I feel of a tree and was in a comatose state for around a hundred years. You know that."

-I does

-During... my unconscious state... I saw Eru.

-Eru? You met Ilúvatar?!" he exclaimed, surprised, his thumb stopping their circles on her skin. Nenlissë looked at Teivel with a smile.

"I did." she sighed "Maybe... maybe you would like to see what happened?" she proposed, purposely opening her mind and memories to the elf.

Teivel smiled contently and didn't waited a second before intruding her mind, having been granted full access to her memories.

He suddenly frowned. "It seems like I can't access to your memories... from after your fall and before you woke up. As if something or someone blocked them." He opened his eyes "Maybe then you should tell me what happened." Nenlissë nodded before beginning her tale.

"I had to... die. To reach the caves of Mandos, but Eru... told me my time had not yet come.

-He did, did he?

-Yes, he did. He half-explained that it was because I hadn't realized what he had planned for me. I'll bet I got mad at him then."

Teivel let out a chuckle, " Mad? Sweetie, you... oh my goodness... you're incredible."

Nenlissë looked at him, somewhat surprised. "You're not angry that I was upset with your Creator? Your God?" Teivel shook his head "No, no, of course not. It's just... amusing that you stood up to him. He needs it. To be contradicted." He chuckled "You stood up for your own destiny. You should be able to make your own choices, my love.