Chapter II: Dumpster Diving 101

I rush past abandoned buildings after buildings, always checking behind me. I finally found my house, but I can't go in yet, they are right behind me. I look around frantically looking for something to hide in. My eyes laid on a dark alleyway. Perfect! I rush into the alleyway and hide in a trashcan. "Gross," I think to myself as some strange liquid drops on my face. I hold my mouth to stop myself from freaking out. I lower my breathing as I hear footsteps approaching the alleyway. "Please please don't look here," I shout in my head! After a couple of seconds I hear three voices speak.
"They vanished again," a deep voice said.
"No, no one can just vanish like that, they have to be around here somewhere," A softer voice said.
"We'll find them damnit!" A deeper voice spoke angrily.
"Okay, on it boss," The softer voice said! Their footsteps shrunk to a whisper as they walked away. I finally stop lowering my breathing, but it's still not safe to go out yet.
.
.
Finally after what felt like 2 hours they left. I popped the lid off the trashcan and got out. So much food and trash was on me. "Good thing I didn't wear my good clothes," I think to myself as I limp back to my house.
I enter my apartment and make my way to a walled off basement. I look towards the bookshelf and I push it aside, behind the bookshelf was an opening with a pole on the inside of it. I slid down it smiling all the way.
Looking around the room you could see that most of the walls had some form of graffiti on it, either in a white or in some neon color, or both. One wall had a large shelf on it with various items on it, and another wall had a hammock that had a knitted quilt and a very small pillow on it. The rest of the room was just a small apartment-like place.
I went to change my clothes and shower since I don't want to be smelling like a trashcan anymore.
After my shower I remembered I have to feed my tarantula Kaleidoscope and myself.
I walk to my kitchen and open the cabinets scanning what food I would like to eat. A can of raviolis popped into my view. "Okay I guess this will work," I think to myself as I grab the ravioli from the cabinet and start to walk to Kaleidoscope's enclosure. I open the bag o' bugs and grab a handful for her. We both sit there munching away.
.
.
Our dinner gets interrupted by a loud noise.
I stop eating and try to find where the noise came from. THUD I heard it again but it was coming from upstairs in my house. I freeze and slowly put Kaleidoscope back into her enclosure, and I slowly walk to my hammock and grab weapons from the messenger bag getting ready to attack whoever or whatever is upstairs. I slowly moved the bookshelf from the opening so I could get back into the main house. I grabbed the dagger from out of my pocket and looked around the corner to see who it was in the house.
A cold pair of eyes met my gaze. .
.
.

Words: 558