Chapter X: I Kissed a Girl (and I liked it)

Meanwhile in the Castle halls Freya and Kamari were messing around on their way to the library. Freya couldn't hold herself back. She threw herself onto Kamari as their lips touched. The passion was unimaginable. Kamari and Freya were like two star crossed lovers from fairytales. Freya knew that she was breaking so many codes following her heart. They both were allowing themselves to be vulnerable as they moved with passion down the halls and to the library. Kamari was so stunned by it she could barely keep her balance. Kamari and Freya fell into the library door, crashing it down. Kamari was pushed up to one of the gigantic bookshelves as Kamari and Freya continued making out, almost tearing each other down. As Freya continued Kamari looked to the side of her and saw an easel that had a calling to her. It drew her in with every inch of fabric the canvas was made out of and with every stitching into the wood that was crossed over one another.
"Freya-Stop-for just one second," Kamari said, trying to stop and talk.
"As you wish my darling," Freya said gently, pulling away from Kamari and the bookshelf.
Kamari slowly walked to the canvased easel hypnotized by the blank canvas. It was a calling. A deed that needed to be done. She reached the canvas, taking her index finger and cutting a picture into the thin fabric.
'Woah what are you doing? Kamari you are ruining the canvas. Stop," Freya said in a frantic manner!
There was no response. Kamari continued engraving the canvas with a drawing of glorious gore and heartbreak. When she was done she stepped back and saw the battle her mother had so desperately fought in. Kamari stares at the painting in disbelief. The sight of her mother makes it worse. A salty tear streamed down her cheek. She touched the left side of her face, putting the tear on her hand. She hadn't cried in so long that she forgot she could.
Kamari turns around to face Freya still holding her tear in her hand.
"I- '' Kamari was interrupted by a crash. She rushes out of the room and into the hall. There is no one and nothing that could have made that noise. Kamari felt an uneasy feeling. Before she could react , a cold hand touched her shoulder.
"Freya," Kamari said, turning around?
However when she turned around her expectations met her demise. It was not Freya's cold eyes she was staring into but instead one of her sister's soldiers sent to kill her. The soldier drew the sword and lifted it into the air ready for a heavy blow. Luckily in a moment's notice, Freya stepped in between the stunned Kamari and the undead soldier and grabbed the blade of the sword. The quick stopped motion sent a powerful gust of wind throughout the halls and the empty library. Freya's hand was drenched in blood and sweat for the sword cut through Freya's porcelain skin. She took her other fist and punched the undead soldier's head clean off, dropping its body to ash. Kamari was still stone cold. Freya dropped the sword and immediately checked on Kamari.
"I know what that was, Kamari. We need to go now unless you want your family to die," Freya said, aching as her hand bled out onto the cold stone.
The two girls ran as fast as possible to the ballroom. When the girls met the ballroom door it was busted off the hinges into splinters covering the stairs like a red carpet. Freya and Kamari get to the end of the first staircase only to stop in their tracks as they meet eyes with Bekna and Xantara. There is a moment of brief silence as the room stands still.
"Run," Kamari slowly whispers to Freya.
Time starts again and Bekna and Xantara sprint towards Kamari and Freya. They sprint back up the staircase and down the halls and straight to the library. Freya runs further in as Kamari slams the door and  barricades it with a bookshelf.
"That won't hold for long. How do we get out of here? Wait I might know how," Kamari says catching her breath while frantically speaking.
She looks for the easel remembering a trick her mother taught her.
"Where's the easel? What happened to it," Kamari says with a racing mind.
"I put it back where it was supposed to be in the back of the library," Freya says even more terrified.
Kamari rips the bottom of her dress so she could fight if needed. She threw the fabric into the air and as it hit the ground the Book shelf blocking the door exploded with a flash of green light.
"Freya Go. Go Freya go!"
The girls ran towards the back of the library jumping over and sliding under tables as the bookshelves flew past. The ones behind them started falling and exploding with Xantara's monsters coming for Kamari and Freya's blood. They finally meet the easel and Kamari gets prepared. She closes her eyes, mumbling words to herself as the lines on the fabricated easel rearrange to become a treacherous wolf. She mumbles the final words sending a surge of mystical energy everywhere as the Gianatic wolf is thrown at the monstrous army sending Kamari and Freya on their backs. A hole was blown into the side of the castle. Kamari helps Freya up, and they jump out of the hole in the side of the castle. Both running for their lives to get to the gates at the edge of the village.
.
.
The king and his people are gathered at the gate still in their formal clothes. The portal that Nixon was holding open was depleting and fading away. Kamari and Freya met the people and the king. Kamari sees the portal depleting and jumps in. The undead had finally broken through the door and came hoarding in clawing their way towards Lux and Nixon on the floor. Kamari takes Lux's daggers and uses them as throwing knives, taking out as many undead as possible.
"Get Nixon out now I'll be seconds behind you," Freya said, showing no remorse for her kills.
Lux did as they were told, dragging Nixon's cold lifeless body out of the portal. The portal began to close more as Kamari screamed. She came out the portal with a cut starting from the top of her eyebrow and ending under the middle or her right eye.
.
.
.
Words: 1098