Chapter XI: Thirteen Reasons Why

As Nixon continued to bleed into the snow Spade pushed Lux out of the way and started to mumble several languages not of any world. Spade's eyes glowed and glistened red almost like rubies. He took his hands and put them onto Nixon's wound and started to heal his stab wounds. Spade took Nixon's pain away, transferring it to himself. He jerked his head to the sky enduring the pain as he began to release it into thin nothingness.
"Why would you do that," Nixon said, touching his wound and the area around it?
"Because you were dying," Spade snapped back.
"You should have let me die! You should have let me die," Nixon cried out weeping in sorrow over his own life.
Nixon thought a dagger wasn't enough. He spawned a short sword out of his hand. This time taking no changes. He went to stab his heart so he wouldn't be able to come back the second time. Lux kicked Nixon in the face to knock him out for just enough time to keep detained.
"What is wrong with him?" Kamari said
"A lot, and a bunch of stuff happened today," Lux paused, "you would know if you were there," they snapped at Kamari.
"Hey, It wasn't her idea so leave her alone." Freya snapped back at Lux.
"So it was yours? You had the 'great' idea to run off at the worst possible time!"
"Stop,both of you! Arguing isn't going to solve anything. We need to plan what we are going to do when Nixon wakes up." Spade said calmly but still maintaining a stern voice.
"I agree we need to think of what to do." Kamari says.
.
.
They all came together and planned what to do. Freya and Lux were fighting for charge in the plan, but ultimately Freya took charge because of her intelligence.They decided to check the castle for any more enemies then lock Nixon up in the chamber below the castle. The castle was empty. Freya, Kamari, and Lux were all standing by the cell watching him. The air was tense, and you could hear a pin drop. The tense silence was broken by a loud voice
"Freya!" yelled someone from upstairs. Freya turned to where the noise was coming from. She turned to face Kamari with uncertainty. She put her hand on Kamari's shoulder.
"Go, I'm fine." Kamari said while putting her hand on top of Freya's. Freya nodded and started to walk off towards the door. Lux was mean mugging Freya. Lux did not like how close Freya had gotten to Kamari. "The last time someone laid their hands on her they got thrown on the ground." Lux thought to themself.
"Hey, why are you so comfortable with Freya?" Lux said, turning over to look at Kamari, arms crossed.
"I am not comfortable with anyone." Kamari said coldly. Lux frowned but still wasn't done talking.
"Well where were you two at when Nixon and I were getting attacked?" Lux snaps at Kamari. Just as Lux asked that they heard the chains rattling. They both turned their heads to face Nixon. Nixon was slowly opening his eyes. He noticed his hands were chained up.
"Look who's up." Lux said.
"You bastard, I said you should have let me die," Nixon said, becoming hysterical.
"Bastard? If anyone is a bastard it's you, you brat," Lux snapped back at him.
"Look, you both need to stop. Nixon, you need to slow down, and explain to us what happened," Kamari said, gesturing to both of them to calm down.
Lux and Nixon both explain their sides of the story during the ball. Lux draws a blank and briefly asks Nixon, " What happened between you and Bekna anyway? She must've hurt you pretty bad."
"I don't even know where to begin. But if I explain this you must promise me you will let me rot here. Is that understood," Nixon said with a stern voice.
He started to explain what happened.
.
.
I realized that the realm I was in at the time wasn't a dream and that this girl in front of me was real. Bekna was beautiful and astonishing. I couldn't look or move away. She took me by the hand and walked me to the only building in the realm. It was a giant mansion floating on a rock in the middle of the realm.
"So welcome to your realm Nixon," Bekna said with an inviting tone.
"My realm? What do you mean by my realm," Nixon asked confused?
"It was created by you from your dream, that's why it's so beautiful."
"Is that why you're so beautiful?"
"I could ask the same thing about you, Nixon Moon,"  Bekna said beautifully, side-eyeing Nixon with a small delightful grin.
Bakna continued to lead Nixon into the mansion and into the living room.
"You wanna do something fun," Bekna asked mischievously.
"What did you have in mind?"
Bekna pulled Nixon in, grabbing him by the collar.  Their lips touched with a striking but gentle blow. They pulled apart looking into each other's eyes slowly thinking about their next move. Bekna immediately knew that he was the one, and Nixon the same. They fell onto the couch, Nixon almost budding heads with Bekna. Bekas fingernails were pulling at his shirt still kissing him with nothing but power. They could feel their breath's syncing together. Bakna continued to grasp at Nixon's shirt, putting her hand into it and feeling his soft back. Her hand was warm and soothing. Bekna continued to cling to Nixon's skin, continuing their passionate kiss. Nixon stopped and pulled away sitting up on the couch.
"Let's not go too far with this. It could end badly for both of us," Nixon said sincerely.
"I don't care what happens, all I want is you," Bekna said, moving forward towards Nixon.
"If we do this you must promise me that if we go separate ways then you will not come after me and try to hurt me."
"I understand."
Bekna leans in again, clinging to the carefree feeling from before. They continued where they left off and led into the night with nothing but love for one another. Bekna pushing for more and Nixon continuing with their constant kiss.
.
.
"So that is why I'm hurt to the point of no return. She has broken my last piece and now I'm ready to end it," Nixon said looking down to the cold stoned floor.
"So you did it," Lux asked with no remorse?
"Yes we did, and she broke her promise and my trust. There is more, but that is the clear part of why I'm ready to go."
"You hopeless romantic."
Freya returns, but she stops at the corner of the hall letting them continue their conversation.
"Wait, but who is Ghora? Your sister said Ghora instead of Kamari when she called out names," Lux began to put two and two together.
"She did?" Kamari asks with an almost frightening look on her face. Lux nodded.
"You know who that is?" Lux asks. Kamari slowly nodded
"I know her very well."
.
.
Words: 1189