Chapter XX: Jailbreak can be Cool...Sometimes

The room smelled old and rusty from the old cell she was in. Kamari slowly opened her eyes and adjusted to the dark and damp room. The only sounds she could hear was the dripping of water from the ceiling, rats skittering around cells, and other people waking up as well. She tried to get up but she was pulled back by chains on her wrist. Kamari did a simple blast spell and the chains came off. She held her wrists and walked to the bars. As she put her hands on the bars she started to remember what happened, how her sister kidnapped her through her own painting portal.
Kamari scanned her room more looking at the blank plain room. She walked around her room until she stepped on something that made a popping sound. She lifted her leg up and saw she stepped on graphite. Her frown upturned a bit.
Then she heard the sound of guards approaching. She rushed back to pick up the graphite and run to the chains and put them back on herself. The guards were laughing and poking fun at the prisoners. Then one of the guards noticed Kamari.
"Woah look who finally woke up." One of the guards said laughing. The other guard started to grab his keys.
"Let's take a look at her." He said, chuckling a bit. The other guard laughed and nodded. The guards unlocked the cell and walked towards Kamari.
"Woah she really does look like boss." The guard with a missing tooth said.
"Yeah she's just as pretty as her too." The guard with blonde hair said. Kamari didn't look at the two of them she was staring at the floor, this angered the one with blonde hair.
"Look at us when we're talking to you!" He yelled at her then he reared back and slapped Kamari. Kamari still didn't look at either of them.
"God women are insufferable, you give them a compliment and this is the treatment us good men get." The other guard said.
"I know ri-." The blonde guard said but was cut off by the sound of him choking. He held his throat and pulled on the other guard. Then the other guard started to choke as well. The blonde hair fell on the floor then the other. Kamari finally looked up with a smile on her face. She looked over at the blonde hair and got an idea.
.
.
Kamari put on the black cap one of the guards wore and she fixed her tie. She had stolen one of  the uniforms of the guards. She pushed her hair back into the cap and fixed her bangs to make it look like she was a guy. Then she stole one of the guards keycards and fled the cell, but before she did, she took all the graphite and locked the cell. She was very lucky to have found some graphite on the floor so she could draw the two men choking on the wall. Kamari didn't feel any remorse for them, they were nasty men and deserved it in her mind. Plus she is excellent in reading body language and those men were evil. She carefully exited the prison and started to walk down the halls. The halls were busy, so it was easy for her to sneak around people without looking them in the eyes. She kept her head down until she entered the courtyard, a less populated area.  The escape was smooth so far, not even a second glance at Kamari. She made it to the maintenance gate to the side of the main gate when she came across a face scanner and a keycard scanner. Kamari swiped the card and a  tiny dot above both scanners turned green but there was still one red. The security guard operating the gates in the receptionist box had noticed her. She put her face in front of the scanner and a blue ray crossed her face making a plus-shape  illuminating her appearance. Once it finished scanning the light turned red. The guard noticed this and turned over in his chair. He got up and walked to see the issue. Kamari had to think quickly on her feet before he realized who she was.
"This damn machine is always messing up, don't worry about it, I'll take a look at it," the gatekeeper said walking closer to Kamari.
The gatekeeper came to the scanner. Kamari with no hesitation bashed his head into the scanner and opened the door. Blood smeared down the scanner as his body limped to the floor. She fled as soon as alarms started blaring . Once she got to a far enough distance she started to smirk as she fled into the abandoned streets.
.
.
.
Words: 797