Chapter V: The Cold Shoulder

:the next morning:
The first person to wake up is Kamari. She decides to make food for the other two. "Luckly we didn't get sucked through a portal last night," she thinks to herself, searching for food. She finds beans. "Perfect, a human delicacy," she thinks as she puts them into a pot. She turned the left burner on and put the beans onto the stove.
After the beans are done cooking she separates them into three paper bowls. She scavenges for spoons. She puts all of it onto the small round table. Once she put the last bowl down she noticed something touch her on her back. She turned her head around to see who it was. No one was behind her. She felt something on her neck. She grabbed the thing on her neck. It was a spider. "Oh," she says not too loud but not in a whisper. She untightened her hands and let the spider go back into its enclosure. She immediately washed her hands
She decided to wake the others up. The other two were like zombies. "Definitely not morning people." she says to herself, sitting down to eat.
.
.
After breakfast, Three said, "Well, we can continue the tour today by going to the Empire State Building, but we need to wear disguises."
"Why, we are not wanted here." Kamari says
"Well, you two would be fine, but me, not so much."
After Three puts their disguise on the three of them set off to see the Empire State Building.
The streets are full of homeless people and criminals.
.
.
They finally reach the building.
"So what's so special about this building?" Kamari asks as they enter.
"It's the world's first 100+ story building made!" Nixon shouts excitedly
"Okay and? We have buildings like that on my planet."
"Oh, well it's special to New Yorkers."
"Honestly, I just thought that it was popular for being in New York," Three says.
"Well it basically is," Nixon replies
They search for the elevator and find one not packed. All three of them pack into the elevator. The doors were about to close when a hand blocked the doors from shutting.
"Excuse me." A masculine voice spoke.
One man and one woman entered the elevator. They both were tall and muscular. The woman scanned their faces.
"Wait a second." she spoke in an assertive tone.
Both guards became alert of the wanted criminal in the elevator.
"You're coming with us," the man said with authority while going to grab Three by the arm.
This set Nixon off and he became god-like. His hair and skin became a golden tint as he began to hover in the air. It was almost like he was on autopilot as he put his hand out towards the elevator door. A ripple of golden spark appears as they create a chassim into another world. All five of the people in the elevator were sucked into this new mysterious, icey world.
All of them land onto the snowy ground. Three and Kamari landed on their feet. The two guards however landed on their faces. Nixon and his golden attire slowly descended into the snow.
The two guards got up pointing a gun at Nixon.
"Send us back you freak," the man screamed in terror.
"What are you, child," the woman said in a confused, terrified manner.
Three and Kamari stepped between Nixon and the gun ready to fight with the rage of a thousand lives they've taken.
" Don't worry we wi-," the man was cut off with his feet frozen to the ground.
Just as his feet began to break free with the help of the woman guard his head was split down the middle with an icy ax to show off a powerful blow. The woman guard stepped back and tripped. An icy mist covered her and her beheaded friend. Three, Kamari, and Nixon stayed back and watched with horror in their expression. As they watched the woman started screaming and grabbing at the snow just as she was pulled back into the mist. Within seconds the icy ax was thrown at Kamari's feet along with the hand of the female guard. A shadowy figure began to step out of the mist. Kamari was the first to notice, but all she could think was, "Who is this warrior goddess? I have never seen anyone like her before. She looked like something out of a fairytale. Her hair is as red as fire, her eyes as sharp as a knife, her muscles could crush rocks, her face is aged with scars but she still looks full of youth, her figure and stance is masculine but she has feminine curves ."
Nixon and Three were confused as to why Kamari was dumbfounded by our enemies' murderer.
The icy warrior continues to walk towards us to pick up her trophy and ax. As she gathered her things she gazed at Kamari with a cold but smooth look. Nixon decided to try to introduce himself.
"Um, hi. I'm Nix-," he was cut off with a cold shoulder as our warrior turned toward Kamari.
" So, you all aren't from here I can see," our mysterious warrior woman said with an assertive and masculine tone.
"How could you tell?" Nixon replies jokingly.
"All five of you came out of a portal, and you're asking me how I could tell?" She snaps back at him fiercely. Nixon's expression changed instantly with a quiver in his stance.
Three stepped in front of Nixon to almost protect him.
"He was just trying to be funny, you fucking psychopath, well I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have a sense of humour," Three said with angry passion in their tone.
"My name is Freya, a name I earned of course you would have no knowledge of earning a name just by the looks of you," Freya said with no emotion but her default.
Three became violent and lunged forward at Freya. Freya stepped to the side taking Kamari's hand to move her out of the way with a spin. Nixon was confused but scared. As Kamari and Freya spun, Kamari's expression became innocent. Three looked more confused than ever. They lunged forward to take their friend back from Freya.
"Get away from her," Three said with a childish possession.
"Three, give it a rest you are getting your ass handed to you," Kamari said, unable to look away from Freya.
"All three of you are halfwit delinquents who are coming with me." Freya said stone cold.
"And if we don't psycho?" Three said lunging once again at Freya.
This time was different though. Freya grabbed Three's hand and threw them into the frozen body of the male guard. Three were unable to move as they lost their breath and aching all over.
"Anyone else want to resist," Freya said with power?
Nixon walked forward with fear in his eyes and breath. He walked up to Freya and put his hands up accepting his arrest. Kamari was already in cuffs by Freya's side. Freya put Nixon in the cuffs then she walked to Three on the floor. She grabbed their wrist and put the cuffs on them.
All four of them head forward. Freya was behind them watching them with her cold eagle eyes.
"I think she broke my rib," Three said raspily.
Nixon held back a laugh. "Are you okay?" he says as his voice is shaky
.
.
On their way to the castle they were stopped by an older man. He had a long beard, long hair with little braids in it, he was on the chubbier side, he was wearing knight armor, and had a sword on the side of him.
"Father, can you please move?" Freya said politely but still stern.
"Freya, why did you imprison these travelers?" The man said
"Father, this is my business not yours."
"Freya uncuff these harmless travelers."
She scoffs, "Yes father, but if they attack it's not my fault."
She uncuffed all of them and looked at her father who had a smile plastered on his face, his hand was open waiting for something. She snared and handed the cuffs to her father.
"Wonderful thank you, bunny."
"Father, don't call me that around these people." she said, whispering to her father.
Nixon and Three giggled at the nickname.
Three pointed at Freya and said, "Bunny! What a wonderful name for someone so 'harmless' like you." they say laughing.
Freya was about to pounce on Three but her father put his arm out to hold her back.
"You're lucky my father's here, if he wasn't you would have been killed."
"Freya, that's no way to treat your friends."
"They are not my friend's father, they are trespassers."
"Wait a minute." Her father says intensely staring at Kamari. He walks to her and says " Are you a Vortik?"
"Yes sir." she says confused "You know my family?"
"Yes, I knew your mother."
Freya's father stepped away from Kamari and whispered something in his daughter's ear. Both of them were talking back and forth until they stopped. Freya's father looked back at the group and said
"Would you all like to have dinner with us?"
.
.
Words: 1538