12 | fitting

Chapter 12 : fitting

Aadarsh had barely announced that Ruhaani had sent something for them, placing the carrier bags on the dining table when his excited folks had started unpacking it. 

"I think it's cupcakes for me!" Mukti announced climbing on to the table. Her excitement amazed Aadarsh.

"Muks baby, Bhaiya said it's for all of us. I am the elder one so let me unpack it." Ashvi spoke unpacking the box, bossing over her little sister.

Mukti made a face and folded her arms. She turned to the woman who had just emerged from the kitchen, "DJ, when will I be the elder one?" 

"When your Bhaiya marries your Ruhaani Bhabhi and Pari becomes a part of our family, dear." DJ answered, trying to help Ashvi open the bakery box. Aadarsh wordlessly observed them. In retrospect, he should have taken something for Pari too. 

"Yes, I knew it!" Mukti shouted with glee. "It's cupcakes for me."

"It's for all of us." Ashvi corrected her. "Don't touch it, I want to take a picture of it." She said gazing with awe at the cupcakes with different colored frosting.

"You take a picture of almost every thing, don't you get bored Didi?" Nirvaan who quietly sat on a chair asked, looking dejected. He hated cupcakes. They looked nice but tasted like cream. He had no clue how his sisters could be so happy seeing cupcakes.

"Here you go Muku, open this box." Dai Jaan said dragging the second box towards the girl with a smile. "There's one more box, Nirvaan do you want to open that?" The woman asked turning to the boy who sat isolated from the lot.

"What's the chaos about?" Abhi asked coming to stand beside his elder brother.

"Ruhaani sent some food for them." Aadarsh spoke.

"Wow," he uttered walking over to the dining table with curiosity.

"The cupcakes look so damn cute!" Ashvi remarked, taking a few more pictures in different angles.

"It's dhoklas!" Dai Jaan clapped her hands together in excitement as she helped Mukti open the box. "She had told me that there's a home chef in her neighborhood who  makes dhoklas in the traditional way. I didn't think I would get to taste them so soon. She's such a sweetheart! How thoughtfulof her."

"Gujrati food is your weakness DJ. Looks like our to-be-Bhabhi knows your weakness already." Abhi commented amused. He glanced at his sisters who were totally impressed.

"It's chocolate donuts..." Ashvi announced as she opened the remaining box. "Without sprinklers, how blah!"

Aadarsh who was watching, noticed how Nirvaan suddenly became interested in the conversation. A smile came to his lips, as he shifted to a chair closer to Ashvi. "I like it like that. Those sprinklers don't taste good."

"Yay, she sent all of our favorites!" Dai Jaan beamed at him. "Let me get the plates."

"Looks like I need to tell her that I love Mac and cheese," Ashvi mumbled. 

"Cut it chipmunk, you like cupcakes too." Abhi commented.

"Yeah whatever. Maybe she dislikes you. That's why nothing of your liking is here." Ashvi smiled teasing her brother.

"Grow up people!" Aadarsh commented, stepping forward. He placed a hand on Abhi's shoulder and leaned forward to peep at the food.

"The dhokla is too good. Haven't eaten such a well made one in a while. You should have some." Dai Jaan spoke up, stretching the box towards him, after she helped the twins with a plate each.