44 | inevitable

Early update! Happy reading.

***

"Let's go," Aadarsh who had been standing against the car, heard Ruhaani's voice and turned. She had taken way too much time to get ready than usual.

He turned to her, ready to give her an earful about being late but no words came out. She was dressed in a simple cotton dress but looked breathtaking beautiful.

She had paired a plain deep red colored kurti, that was sleeveless with a pink dupatta with red floral prints that she wore on the side on her shoulder. The kurti had a square neckline exposing her collar bones and skin around her neck, unlike the high collared and the closed round necks she usually wore. Big bright jhumkas adorned her ears. She looked more than nice.

"Are we waiting for something else?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, correcting the dupatta that hung on one shoulder.

"Nope, you have delayed us long enough!" He countered and opened the door of the car. He glanced at her as she sat inside after placing some carrier bags in the backseat. His gaze smoothly glided down the skin on her arm as she collected the dupatta on her lap and shut the door.

It was the first time she had worn a sleeveless dress. It suited her so much. He drove the car out while she focused on playing some music.

He looked at her from the corner of her eyes again. She had leaned forward, to adjust the AC vent of the car in the front. In the process, he got a glimpse of her cleavage. He immediately shifted his gaze to the road and held the steering wheel tighter with his right hand, while the forefinger of his other hand ran over his eyebrow thoughtfully. Why didn't she dress-up like this more often?

The tune of the song filled the silence and was then followed by the lyrics,

Yeh ladka haaye allah kaisa hai deewana

Kitna mushkil hai tauba isko samjhana

Ke dheere dheere dil beqarar hota hai

Hote hote hote pyar hota hai

Irked at the words of the song, Aadarsh pressed the button to move forward to next song.

"it was such a nice song." She exclaimed.

"It was boring!"

Ruhaani huffed and sat back in the seat thoughtfully one played.

Ek ajnabi haseena se

Yun mulakaat ho gayi...

"I heard you have a toothache," Aadarsh initiated the conversation as he halted the car at a red signal. "Let's stop by at Dr Mahale's clinic. It's on the way."

"No, I am fine." Ruhaani demurred.

"No Shit! You have been in pain. Just fucking admi..."

Ruhaani turned to him with widened eyes.

Aadarsh looked at her and then sighed. "I apologize, for my language. I meant that, I know you have been suffering from toothache since like weeks. So what is it? You're scared of doctors? Dentists? They don't bite, just so you know."

"I am not scared. And I think you're scared. You have just been trying to push meeting Badi Bua. I know this is a tactic to avoid it again. We're going straight to her place not any where else." Ruhaani replied.

"Too late, I already took the right turn. And for the record, I am not scared. You're the one who is scared of dentists. You have a problem, you go to the doctor. Simple."