52 | long day

Apologies for the delay. Had a long day and then it took a long time to proof read this long chapter. (6.4k words)  longest chapter so far!

Hope you enjoy this long chapter.

• • •

Chapter 52 : Long Day

With hungry desires, wet lips and labored breaths they stared at each other as they parted from each other's mouth.

Ruhaani was in a daze. He was so damn good at this. His hands were still firmly pressed against her back, just shy of lowering to her backside. His long breaths and dark intent look made her legs jelly.

"The kind that doesn't kiss me and pretend like it never happened."

That is what she had said!

She wanted to run away and hide somewhere. By the heat she felt on her face she knew that her visage would be a glorious crimson. She slowly began withdrawing her fingers from his hair, unable to meet his gaze as of yet.

Her hands lowered to the back of his neck slowly. She keenly observed how his lips pressed together into a tighter line. Fascinated, she slowed her hands as they moved further. Her palms and the full length of her fingers, traced a journey from the back of his neck to his shoulders, running over every inch of his sculpted muscles.

Aadarsh was trying hard to hold himself back. One bold kiss of wild purpose, was all it took to have him hard for her. The movement of her hands was not helping. He wanted to feel those soft hands all over his skin. Ideas—inappropriate and crude ones—filled his imagination. Unable to restrain his urge he pulled her closer to himself. His hands pressing against the soft flesh of her back through the thin fabric of the kurti she wore. The curve of her back was so beautifully feminine.

Caught off-guard, she gasped, her hands immediately flattening against his chest firmly. A barely successful attempt to keep their upper bodies from pressing against each other.

"Do you think I can pretend that ..." while his one arm stayed curled around hers securing her in his hold, his right hand reached to touch her face. His thumb rubbed her now plump lips, a consequence of his lascivious assault. "...this didn't happen?" His voice was suddenly low.

Ruhaani shut her eyes tight, the moment his thumb ran over her lower lip, roughly. A fervid wave of delight coursed its way down her spine. It felt good. So good, that she wanted it again and after that again. Her eyes flew open, jerking out of her moment of indulgence, when he whispered her name. The pad of his thumb now circling lazy patterns over her cheeks. A pool of heat began to form between her legs.

Her left hand immediately grasped his right wrist, in an attempt to halt his sweet assault on her senses.

"You better not!" She had said before her mind's filter could even certify that was capable of being said.

Aadarsh's eyes brightened up with something that was a blend of amusement, admiration and desire. He wanted to kiss her mouth just for saying that. His gaze lowered to her lips again.

No.

Just one more.

No.

An internal debate started in his mind. One between greed and reason. He wouldn't stop at a kiss, if he kissed her again.

Further, he reminded himself of what he had just said to her. An annoyance brewed inside him. He had to work this out as she wanted it. He was doing this for her. Not for himself.