37 | in love

Ashvi opened the door when she heard a incessant knock.

"What?" She asked folding her arms upon seeing her elder brother.

"I got you dinner. You barely ate anything."

"I am not hungry."

"At least see what it is..." Aadarsh spoke.

Ashvi pondered a bit before stepping forward and lifting the covering plate.

"Sushi from your favourite restaurant," he said with a smile.

"You're bribing me with food? I am not a kid Bhaiya!" She muttered walking into her room.

Aadarsh followed her in. His gaze falling on her laptop where some scene from a movie or series was paused.

"You'll always be one for me. Come one eat now."

"No," she muttered looking aside.

"Now whose being the kid?" He remarked sitting on the bed. He further added, "You can go to that party tomorrow but there are conditions."

Ashvi looked up at him with a bright face of surprise. "Really?"

He nodded in affirmation.

"Condition one, eat." He said taking a piece of the sushi to her mouth. Ashvi ate it with the hint of a smile.

"Two, no drinking."

"Agreed." She said quickly, chewing.

"Three, eat well from home and go, try not to eat anything there. Do not accept any sort of drink from anyone." He spoke feeding her.

"Noted," Ashvi mumbled chewing.

"Only three hours. You're not staying there until evening."

"Bhaiya...."

"Nope. No arguments!" Aadarsh declared, stuffing her mouth with her favourite food.

"You're wearing decent clothes. No shorts, no crop tops."

Ashvi smiled, "the dress code is Indian ethnic."

"Very well. Just be safe. And call me or text me once every half an hour to tell me you're okay."

"Bhaiya, that is..."

"no arguments, Ashvi." He countered whatever she was going to say. "I need to know you're safe."

"Fine I will text."

Aadarsh was going to counter but then he realized he could always call her. "I will have the driver drop you. He'll stay there and you come back with him."

"Done."

He smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I care for you Ashvi. For your happiness too. But I want you to be safe."

Ashvi shifted closer to him and hugged him. "I am sorry for earlier."

Aadarsh smiled, kissing her temple. "By the way, since when do you need a middleman to talk to me?"

Ashvi gave him a sheepish look shifting away. "I knew you'd say no. You always do. So I thought I could take Bhabhi on my side first. She gets me you know."

Aadarsh looked at her thoughtfully. "Don't do that next time. I am your brother. You definitely don't need anyone else's support to talk to me. Not Abhi, not Ruhaani, not DJ. Okay?"

Ashvi nodded, pulling the plate onto her lap.

"Enjoy your dinner and sleep well." He said.

She gave him a wide smile. "Thank you, Bhaiya!"