56 | change of heart

Chapter : Change Of Heart

Aadarsh entered the kitchen promptly as the clock struck five. He hadn't gotten a chance to be with Ruhaani alone again.

After their kiss, she had left to help Pari change. She had returned to the room but had gone straight to the closet, paying no heed to him whatsoever.

She had additionally slid the closet door shut. All ideas he had about sauntering into the closet had met an end there. Her words repeating like a troublesome warning in his head.

We should take some time.

What did she even mean by that? It was coming to be four months to their marriage.

He could tell she wanted to cross the line too. The line from where there was no going back.

If the situation earlier in the day— when she was on his desk, in his arms—had been a little more favourable, he was sure they would have moved to the next base.

So naturally, her words bothered him and he paid them more heed than anything since the past few hours.

She had left him so damn hard. It had taken quite some effort to imagine her and help himself, in the bathroom later.

He no longer wanted her. He needed her, for his own sanity. She was like that delicious lip-smacking fritter, you could never settle for one, you wanted the whole damn plate for yourself.

In the past, he would have done whatever it took to quell this feeling. However, that was no longer the case.

He wanted to embrace all the maddening desires they felt for each other. He wanted a normal marriage too. He wanted things to work out between them. He wanted to be that somebody she always wanted but never got.

"Busy?" He said walking up to her in the kitchen. She was all alone, preparing the customary evening tea for everyone.

Ruhaani could feel him breathe down her neck, quite literally. She felt his heat on the nape of her neck. Her gaze flitted towards his hand that rested on the counter. She could tell by the warmth that engulfed her, that there was hardly a few inches between his chest and her back.

"Yes," she breathed, trying to focus on the boiling tea.

"Hmm," he hummed, his gaze lowering to her neck. He wondered how she'd react if he let his tongue graze the curve of her shoulder to her neck.

"Can you pass the cups from the cabinet behind? The right most cabinet. The new cups, the ones with golden lining." She said nervously.

He slowly stepped away from her reluctantly and turned around to the cabinet they kept the cups in.

Ruhaani inhaled a sharp breath. What was happening to her? Why was her mind full of so many inappropriate thoughts and imaginations?

Aadarsh returned to her side with two cups. He placed them on the counter by the stove. She stepped aside, to give him the space.

"Three more," she said slowly meeting his gaze. He nodded and went back, letting her suck in another breath. She quickly poured tea into the two cups through a sieve. She laid them on a tray along with some biscuits by the time he returned with three more cups of the same kind.

She held the tray up, towards him. "Badi Bua is sitting out on the steps." She gazed towards the open door that led to the backyard.

"Tea is for you and her. You should talk." She said, calming her heart. The scorching kiss the had shared earlier had definitely played a number on her. She could barely look at him without the reminiscing that moment.