⤹★ Chapter 3 ★⤸

The following day, Aisha woke up to an alarm. She freshened up and took out her laptop. She had neglected her work in the past few days. So, right now she was compensating for the wasted time. She was working while sitting on the couch, when she heard a knock on the door. She stood up and went to open the door. She opened the door revealing Abhira, the Rathore princess. Aisha was confused to find her on her doorstep.

"May I come in?" Abhira asked her in a small voice. Aisha nodded her head and opened the door widely letting the princess in.

Abhira looked at the laptop on the couch. "I am sorry for disturbing you."

"It's fine. Was there something you wanted to talk about?" Aisha asked her.

Abhira nodded her head and cleared her throat before speaking. "I wanted to apologize to you. I feel like I am responsible for whatever happened to you and Divya. I knew Shanaya had crush on Bhai and I was also happy since I could have my best friend as my sister-in-law. But I swear I had no idea that she was obsessed with him. I had no idea that she had sold the girls in school who had crush on him. I feel like it's my fault. I feel guilty for what happened to you at the party. You almost lost your life, Aisha. I am sorry. I am so sorry. I would have stopped her earlier if I had paid attention." By now tears were streaming down from her eyes. Abhira sobbed loudly, feeling angry at herself for not realizing the intention of her so-called best friend. Ever since the truth came out, she was blaming herself.

"Hey." Aisha went near her and took her hands in hers. "You don't have to apologize for what she did. And I think it's good that you didn't try to keep her away from Yuvraj. She would have hurt you while trying to get closer to him. Even if you wanted, you couldn't have succeeded in stopping her. Her parents had literally raised her saying she would be Yuvraj's bride, and he was just hers. She had instilled the idea in her head since she was a little girl. They were the ones who turned her into what she is now. You had no hand in it. Don't apologize for others' mistakes."

Abhira wiped her tears and looked at the young girl in front of her. She was perfect for her brother. She knew that the girl in front her would be a great Queen. "I am sorry for the accident I caused."

Aisha's brows furrowed for a while, but she nodded as she remembered the accident where Abhira had hit Divya's scooter. "I am really not the one you should be apologizing to, about that day. It's Divya."

Abhira nodded her head. "I already talked to her. You are the only one remaining. I wanted to apologize everyone whom I hurt before leaving."

"Leaving?" Aisha asked, not understanding her words.

Abhira gave her a gentle smile. "Yeah. I want to have a fresh start. This place will always remind me of the memories I shared with Shanaya. So, I want to go somewhere away from here."

"You are running away." Aisha stated.

"I know. But I just want a break. I will return once I feel like I am ready but right now, I need to leave. It hurts to know that she used me to get closer to Bhai. She was my best and only friend." Tears dropped from Abhira's eyes, and she quickly wiped it.

"I don't know what you are going through, but I hope you become the same Abhira when you return. Just like you said, it's necessary for you to leave this place for some time but don't close up yourself, yeah? Don't let this incident change you into what you are not. If you ever need someone to talk just know that I am here." Aisha said looking at the elder girl.

Abhira nodded her head and stood up to leave. "I will take my leave now. I need reach station."

"You are leaving right now?" Aisha asked standing up too.