⤹★ Chapter 4 ★⤸

Flashback

Around five years ago

Sikkim

I am engrossed in reading a romance novel when suddenly the book is seized from me

I am engrossed in reading a romance novel when suddenly the book is seized from me. I annoyingly look up to see my friend, Saksham.

"Stop planning my murder in your head, girly. We are on a trip. Enjoy it." He says flickering my forehead.

I glare at him. "Give me my book." I stretch my hand to take the book, but he keeps it higher knowing my small height wouldn't be able to reach.

"What's so special in this book?" He says and turns the cover page.

"Oooh...Love Suv, huh?" He says wiggling his eyebrows.

"Summer Love." He reads the name of the book. "Is it a new book? I have never heard of it."

I snatch the book from his clutch and narrow my eyes at him. "Hah, as if, you read the books."

"What? I do." He says, feeling offended.

"You read food magazine, Sakshi. Magazines. Not books." I tell him.

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes. "Oye don't call me Sakshi. Itna Acha naam Hai yarr..."

(I have such a good name.)

I laugh looking at his face.

Saksham is one of the very few friends I have. We have been friends since our childhood. We went to the same elementary school and now we are in same high school.

"But it suits you. Sakshi." I say giving him a teasing smile.

He hits my head before muttering, "Ash Ketchum."

I narrow my eyes at him and turn my head to the book. The book is again snatched from me. I glare at the boy who had audacity.

"Stop glaring. You look like a witch. And why are you so engrossed in the book? Look at your surroundings, we are on a trip." He says while keeping my book in his jacket pocket.

I heave a sigh and nodded at him. He gives me a grin and pulls me to dance with him since my other friends are also dancing.

After half an hour we reach our hotel. We step down the bus and walk inside the hotel. I am assigned a room with three other classmates.

"Oh my!! This room is so pretty." Riya, one of my friends exclaims seeing the well-furnished room.

"I know right?" says, the other one.

I put my bag on the floor and walk to the attached balcony. I tighten my jacket feeling the cold air.

"Wanna go out?" I ask the girls. The others shake their heads in denial, but Riya accepts.