⤹★ Chapter 47 ★⤸

Two years later

Two years later

"Momma, do fast. We will be late." Aisha yelled at her mother from the living room. It was finally the day of her hooding and after two days they were returning to their country.

"Five minutes." Naina shouted from the guestroom she was assigned.

"Your five minutes have already turned to fifteen, Naina. We are leaving you if you take one more minute." Adityaraj yelled at his wife.

Aisha sat on the couch glaring at the clock. Despite this being one of the happiest days for her, she was upset. I think everyone knows the reason. His Majesty Atharva Singh Rathore called last night and said he could not be there for her graduation. Aisha had hoped that he would surprise like every other time but this time he had congratulated her on the call and had also offered his apology.

"Momma, agar aapne ek aur minute lagayi na toh main papa ke liye dusri biwi dhundh rahi ho. (If you take one more minute, I am searching another wife for my father)" As soon as Aisha uttered those words, Naina came running down the stairs and glared her daughter.

The three of the left for Aisha's university. After making sure her parents were well settled, Aisha went ahead and took her place with her classmates.

"I feel so nervous." Camilla, one of the girls who had been her classmates said.

Others were also talking in quiet whispers but Aisha paid no attention to them. A part of her was hoping that Atharva would show up. She knew it was not possible since he had called her from Jodhpur last night but she could let the small shimmer of hope in her die. Time and again, she looked behind in hopes to see his face but every single time, she was disappointed.

Suddenly her name was called and glancing one last time around, she walked to the stage to get her degree. She could see her parents cheering for her and gave them a huge smile.

While walking to her parents after the formal ending of the ceremony, Aisha froze on her steps. She shook her head while closing her eyes. 'No, it could not be. He is in Jodhpur. It's just my imagination.' But when she opened her eyes hoping her hallucination would disappear, she was stunned to see him standing between her parents with a small smile.

Atharva came forward and slowly opened his hands. A few tears dropped from her eyes before she sprinted towards him with a full speed. Adityaraj steadied Atharva when they were about to fall.

"You are really here?" Aisha said in a shaky voice.

Atharva rubbed her head and kissed her head. "Of course. I could not miss such an important part of my little warrior's life now, could I?"

Aisha shook her head and gave him a kiss on his cheek. Atharva set her on the ground since there were a lot of people around them

Aisha shook her head with a smile and a while later, Atharva set her on the ground.