⤹★ Chapter 41 ★⤸

T.W. Mention of Molestation and child abuse.

"Yuvraj?" Aisha was laying on the bed with her head on Atharva's chest

"Yuvraj?" Aisha was laying on the bed with her head on Atharva's chest. They were in his bedroom on the estate. After the dance, they had decided to refresh and cuddle in the bed. So, here they were; laying on the bed in matching night dress holding each other tight.

"Hmm." He hummed running his hand in her hair.

"Why did you appoint me for the project?" Atharva froze hearing her question.

Feeling his rigid body underneath, she quickly looked up. "It's okay. You don't need to-"

"No. I want to tell." Atharva wrapped his hand around her tightly and took a deep breath. "The first time I saw you, I found my younger self in you, Aisha. The one that had a fear of being wrongly judged. The one who wanted the other person to see the truth and not judge on the basis of a small display.

And, the second time, I realized how different you were from me. You had the courage to stand up for something you were not at fault for. You voiced out your honest opinion without caring who was in front of you. You didn't care for others thoughts because you knew you were right. You were not scared. You were something that I have never been. Brave and confident. Those two incidents somehow made me want to know more about you. So, I decided to make you a part of the project. I had this genuine urge to get to know you. You literally pulled me towards yourself like a magnet pulling the nearby iron."

Atharva unwrapped himself from her and stared up at the ceiling. Aisha shifted to the pillow and looked at his face. Aisha found something in his face that she had never seen before. Pain and guilt.

"After Baba's death, Dadu had made the CFO the new CEO of the restaurant business. Baba's personal assistant was now working as the new CEO's P.A. I had decided to join Dadu in every meeting that took place regarding the business. It was the place which was closest to me. I spent most of my childhood in that office with my father. After his death, I had started taking the business seriously.

Radhika Sharma. That was her name. She was Baba's personal assistant. She was a mother figure to me. I used to call her Radhi maa. It was her who found out regarding the fraudulent done by that man. Unfortunately, at that time Dadu was out of the country, so she decided to share the information with me.

I still remember that day like it happened yesterday. When I reached her office, the door was locked from the inside which was unusual. I knocked lots of times and the door did not open so I decided to break it. I was thirteen at that time. When I broke the door successfully, I was shocked to see the scene inside. Radhi maa was on the floor with her dresses torn and that CEO was hovering over her. Tears were running down her eyes. I saw red at that time. Seeing the woman, I respected as a mother being molested made me turn into a beast. I started beating him. I was so lost in beating him that I never realized when Mrs. Rathore came to the office. She pulled me away from that man and slapped me. I was then taken into the Kesar Mahal and locked in my room for two days without food.