35.

Jisung knotted his shoelaces twice before stepping out the door to meet his beloved boyfriend. The joy and eagerness inside him to finally see his soulmate again after a long day made him almost walk through the red light if it weren't for an old lady to stop him. However, that didn't downgrade his mood in any way.

The blue haired boy's finger lingered over the doorbell at his destination until voices inside the house made his hand drop. Instead of ringing the bell, he took a step closer and placed his ear against the door to try and listen to recognize the people talking.

Soon the voices became more clear and louder, which made Jisung ring the bell before the door swung open not even a second later. Being surprised by the figure that was standing in the door opening, a frown made its way up to Jisung's face.

"Chan?"

The older's dark eyes mixed with his cold face made a shiver run down Jisung's back. Chan's expression soon changed as he silently greeted him back. The squirrel-like boy peeked past the broad figure that was still standing in the door opening, to get a glimpse of his boyfriend.

When their eyes met, Minho gave him a warm smile and walked towards him with open arms. "Hey baby" "I didn't expect you so soon" Jisung inhaled the sweet scent from Minho's sweater as his arms held him tighter, afraid he was gonna let go.

"I was actually gonna walk Chan home real quick before seeing you" The brown haired male broke the hug and cupped his boyfriend's round cheeks in his hands. "Oh, I won't mind walking with you two," Jisung smiled. Minho took a quick look at his best friend to seek a sign of permission, before responding. "Alright"

During the walk, Jisung began to see a side of Chan he never saw before; fear. Chan seemed to get scared the closer he got to his house and Jisung didn't know why.

"Chan, are you sure you don't want me to come inside?" Minho softly whispered. Jisung couldn't help but catch the concern lying in his boyfriend's voice, which made him even more confused. Chan didn't reply in words anymore, but nodded instead.

When they were standing in front of the house, saying goodbye to the older, two car lights turned into the street, seeming to get closer way too fast. Jisung clutched Minho's hand in fear when a tall muscular man furiously stepped out of the car, before almost hitting them.

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

No one was prepared for the sudden outburst of the man. Jisung hid behind Minho and grabbed his shirt with shaking hands, afraid the man would come and hurt him. But it wasn't them that pissed him off, in fact, he didn't even seem to notice their presence.

"L-Lucas n-no, please" "I d-didn't do a-anything" Chan's voice was shaking as tears made its way down his cheeks. He lifted his arms in front of his face to protect it and the action seemed almost too natural. As if it had happened dozens of times before. And when Lucas stepped closer to his brother to then relieve his anger on him, Jisung knew it had happened many times before.

For a moment the latter and Minho were frozen as they watched Chan being abused by his own brother. It felt like everything was in slow motion when Minho suddenly jumped in between them, screaming at Lucas, begging him not to hurt Chan any further. But this brought all his attention to the brunette.

"You brought your little friend for protection now, huh?" A grin appeared on Lucas' face as his fist balled again. "NO" Chan tried to stop his brother from hurting Minho, but it was no use; Lucas was way stronger and bigger than them.

Jisung finally came back to reality when blood gushed out of his boyfriend's nose and something within him snapped. With a scream he planted his fist against Lucas's head. The latter hadn't expected it, causing Minho's collar to slip out of his hands which made the male drop to the ground. But no one could have known that Minho would fall with his head on the side of the curb.

"He just laid there Felix! Unconscious. While the blood flowed out of his head!" Jisung's cries could be heard in the hallway but no one was telling him to quiet down. How could they? His boyfriend was in a coma.

"I'm scared Felix, I'm just sitting here waiting for him to wake up and there's nothing I can do!"

After hearing the whole story about what happened, Felix understood why his best friend acted the way he did. Jisung was never really the one to be emotional, that had always been him, but now, after what he had been through, it was understandable Jisung ignored him; he didn't know how to deal with his feelings. He had never experienced something like this before, and neither had Felix for that matter.

Jisung took a deep sigh before lowering his voice so only his best friend could hear him. "Chan was there for me when Minho was taken to the hospital. He comforted me and told me we were gonna get through this and everything will turn out okay. I'm sorry for not telling you" He took Felix into a hug. "He's a good guy, I'm sorry for misjudging him, I didn't know what went on at his home and I feel sorry for him"

The blonde broke the hug and gave Jisung a look of surprise. Was he finally forgiving Chan? Felix brought him back into the hug and buried his face in the crook of Jisung's neck. "Thank you Ji"

"Now go and talk to him, he needs it" The freckled boy suddenly got overwhelmed with anxiety as he was pushed towards the older by Jisung's hands.

Chan was still sitting on the chair next to the hospital bed, but his right hand was now fidgeting with a string from Minho's pillow. The blonde couldn't really make out of his facial expression what he was thinking or how he felt.

"Chan?" "Can I talk to you?" Hearing his name coming from Felix's lips made the older look up and that's when Felix saw the tear stains on his cheeks. He didn't know what to say so he carefully stepped closer to engulf Chan in a hug and to his surprise he hugged back within seconds.

"I'm sorry" The blonde whispered as he laid his chin on Chan's shoulder. "I'm sorry this is happening to you" "We have to make it stop" The latter then broke the hug and looked at the younger. "But how" His voice was raspy and low from the crying. "Come with me" Felix took Chan's warm hand in his and led him towards a separate room.

"We have to turn him in Chan, what he did- you can't let him walk away with it"

"It's not that simple, he's still my brother" "And my mother, she wouldn't be able to handle it"

The blonde fidgeted with his fingers as he swallowed a lump in his throat. "Would she be able to handle you being put in the hospital by your own brother?" he said the words carefully, afraid to piss him off.

"You don't have to do it right now" "I'll be right here next to you when you're ready"

Felix finally looked up from his lap to meet eyes with Chan who seemed to be struggling with his emotions; he looked angry but sad. "For now let's just stay by Minho's side okay?" The blonde got up and softly kissed the older's hair before leaving the room to go back to the hospital bed where the brunette was lying, still in no better condition.

---------------------------

It's shitty, but at least it's something  😭

btw i started writing more one shots and i might upload the first one soon, let me know if you're willing to read it -->