36.

A week had passed since the incident and Chan was staying at Felix's house because he was terrified to set a step into his own house when Lucas was still walking around freely. The older had been thinking about Felix's offer to go to the police, but he couldn't do it just yet. It would break his mother and he wasn't ready to lose another family member.

Spending days at the blonde's house brought them closer but also made it hard to sleep for Chan. He had never been a good sleeper, but now that Lucas had completely turned into a psychopath, nightmares would awake him every night. Felix was there to comfort him, but it began to get exhausting, waking up in the middle of the night to a crying, screaming, covered in sweat Chan. It broke his heart and he wasn't sure how much longer he could bear with that.

This night was no different.

"NOOOOOO!" A heartbreaking cry made Felix jolt up in his bed, immediately searching for the male next to him, who beat him to it, already clutching his shirt, while hugging his small body. Tears streamed down his face which wetted the freckled boy's clothes, but the latter didn't mind. He only cared about comforting Chan right now.

"It's okay Chan, it's just a nightmare" Felix softly whispered the words against the older's hair, drawing little circles on his back in the meantime. "W-what if I-I become like h-him?" "I c-can't become l-like him" "What if I hurt y-you?" Chan gripped the shirt more tight as he brought the words out.

"You won't, believe me" "You are nothing like your brother Chan" Felix put his hands on each side of Chan's face, cupping his cheeks to make him look at him. He then leaned in and placed a small kiss on his lips, which the older held for a little longer, letting his tears fall into the kiss, making it taste salty.

When they broke apart, Chan nuzzled his face into the younger's neck, mumbling a thank you. "Please get some more rest, you need it" "I will watch over you" Felix started humming a melody after that, trying to soothe him into dreamland again.

"How about we pay Minho a visit today?" Felix was making breakfast for Chan and himself. The older was sitting at the table with dark bags under his eyes, which were still puffy from crying. He looked kinda ill; his skin was very pale and he almost had no energy. The blonde looked up from the food, waiting for a reply. The only thing he got was a quiet hum which didn't sound very enthusiastic.

"Do you want cheese on your toast?" Felix tried again. Yet, another hum filled the silent kitchen. The younger's parents were already gone to work, leaving them by themselves. When Felix had said someone would come and live with them for a little while, they didn't ask many questions, just happy their son had maybe finally found someone to share his heart with, but when they would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night from someone crying, they had started to ask some questions, which Felix successfully had dodged until this day.

"Here, eat something, it will give you some energy for today" The blonde smiled as he placed the plate in front of Chan, taking his own to sit across from him. He started munching on his toast, soon finishing all of his breakfast while the black haired male still hadn't touched anything.

"Chan?" Felix tried to look into the older's eyes but his head hanging down blocked the view. Instead he reached for his hands that were laying on top of the table next to his plate. He touched it softly making Chan look up in confusion, as if he had zoned out. Felix pointed at the toast in front of him, signaling him to eat at least something. He finally picked up the piece of bread and took one small bite before placing it down again.

Felix sighed as he cleaned up the plates, one still having the breakfast on it, only three bites out of the toast gone. At least he could try again with lunch.