Chapter 34

-Abbie-

I woke up the next morning to the smell of my favorite tea, the brightness of the early morning sun slipping through my eyelids and a slight dip and creak coming from the bed stirring me into consciousness. I groaned and rolled over on my other side, looking for some more sleep when I heard a familiar, comforting chuckle in my ear. "Sorry Ducky, didn't want to wake you."

I slowly eased my eyes opened, blinking at the sun rays revealed by the opened curtains, and smiled up at Niall, who was pulling the covers over himself next to me. "Couldn't wait until I got up?" I laughed and he raised his eyebrows at me defensively. "It isn't my fault you sleep late! It's almost 9 o'clock!"

My eyes widened and I sighed, stuffing my face in the pillow and slumping my body back into the mattress. "Too early to get up" I muttered.

Niall laughed quietly at me and I felt his hand slip into my hair, tugging at the ends before moving to rub comfortingly at my scalp, his nails rubbing circles into my skin as I leaned into the touch. "I missed you" he said simply, quietly, and if it hadn't been for the complete silence in the room, I would've missed it.

I tilted my head so I was facing Niall and I smiled sleepily up at him. "Missed you too" I mumbled, weakly lifting a hand and reaching back to place it over the hand stroking my hair, grasping it and sliding it over so it was resting on my cheek. He smiled at the gesture and rubbed his thumb along my cheekbone as I held his palm against my skin.

"I'm sorry I ran out on you" I said suddenly and Niall's mouth twisted into a grimace. "Can we not get into this right now? Please? I just want to relax a little bit" I nodded at his request, agreeing that it was in fact, too early to talk about such serious things quite yet. "I'm surprised Jordyn and Jonathan didn't attack me already" I wondered aloud, grunting as I forced myself to sit up against the headboard, only to have Niall pull me down to lay next to him with my head against his chest the next second.

"I asked Harry and Louis to take them out for a bit so they won't be around to distract us while we talk" Niall explained and I smiled. "You've thought of everything" I teased, nudging his thigh with my knee, eliciting a laugh from him that rumbled deep in his chest.

We laid there for quite some time until Niall decided it was the time to get up, reaching to the bed-side table to grab the warm mug of tea that I hadn't noticed before. "Made you some tea to help wake you up a bit" he said as he handed it over.

He then forced me to get up and get dressed while he waited downstairs. "I'll make us something to eat, 'm starving" were his exact words before he leant down to press a swift peck on my cheek and scampering out of the room, leaving me alone to gather my thoughts.

I knew he would have questions; I knew I would have questions; but the important one was: would this work out? Am I ready to give this another chance so soon?

I didn't give myself the time to over think this before hurrying downstairs after having dressed myself, the scent of pancakes and chocolate wafting in the air. I skipped into the kitchen to see Niall standing at the stove, his back to me, his hips swaying as he sang along to the radio.

I smiled to myself and snuck up behind him soundlessly, wrapping my arms around his waist quickly and pressing myself against his back, swaying my hips along with his.

"Abbie! God, you scared me" he laughed, turning around and smiling at me. He winked and kept singing, flipping a pancake in the pan and using a spatula as a microphone. He turned around in my arms so he was facing me and started yelling out lyrics.

"So what! I'm still a rock star, I got the rock moves, and I don't need you! Guess what, I'm having more fun, and now that we're done, I'm gonna show you tonight..." he sang, sauntering away from me to turn up the radio even louder and jumping around and wiggling his hips and bobbing his head and I couldn't help but laugh hysterically.