Chapter 5

So you mean to tell us that you" the police officer pointed at me. "fainted in clothes rack when you fell"

I nodded, nervous. 

"And that you" he pointed at Louis and Liam. "are part of a famous band?" he asked suspiciously. 

"Yes sir, there's me, him, and three other guys in it as well. We're called One Direction" Louis explained, as Liam turned at me to comfort me. 

The snow had finally been removed from the main entrance, and the police had come in to make sure there hadn't been any forced entrances in the mall, or robberies, before they opened it to the public again. 

Obviously they were suspicious of two lads and a girl, found sitting in a rather intimate position, with a rather unbelievable story. 

Soon later another policeman arrived with Niall, Zayn and Harry, who looked quite confused as well. 

Since they had told the officers the same story as us, they decided maybe we weren't lying. Just to be sure, they called the boys' manager to ask them the truth. 

At first the manager was angry at the boys for not contacting her, but then she realized they had no way to, so she calmed down. 

The policemen decided we weren't thieves, as we showed them the money we left at the cash registers for the things we had used. They escorted us back to the entrance and offered to drive us back to our flats. 

I blinked, unmoving. What am I supposed to do? I don't want the boys seeing my flat, it looks like a piece of crap. They'll feel sorry for me, and I don't want that. 

"No thanks, I live near. I'll just walk" I mumbled, gently shoving past the officers and quickly setting a pace towards my flat, eager to get to Jonathan and Jordyn, to hold them in my arms. 

I was a few strides away from the group when I heard footsteps shuffling through the snow behind me, following me. I hugged my jumper closer to my body, regretting not to have thought about my jacket, which was still in the shopping center. 

"Abbie! Wait up!" I heard the dreaded Irish accent holler, and I cringed. 

I turned around, somewhat relieved when I saw Liam following behind him. The way his face was set indicated me that Zayn was fine with it. 

I let the boys catch up to me, and quietly talked to them as we made our way to my flat. I honestly didn't mind as much that they saw my flat; at least not as much as I would've minded if it were Louis or Harry. Or even Zayn, even if he knew about my secret.

We turned the corner of the long street, and the big, cheap apartment complex was finally visible. Seeing my destination shot through me a burst of energy and I quickened my pace. The boys easily kept up, and I only had one thing on my mind at this point: "Were Jonathan and Jordyn safe?"

I stumbled into the lobby of the complex, absent-mindedly brushing the snow off my shoulders and hair. I jogged to the lift, barely acknowledging the owner in his office, who waved at me. The boys squeezed in behind me, almost getting squished by the door that was about to close on them as I frantically pressed the 'level 4' button.

"Abbie, Abbie calm down" Niall warned softly, placing his hand on top of mine to stop me from breaking the button.

I just looked at him, my eyes wide. I left my hand in his though, it was so warm.

"Your hands are so cold..." he whispered, taking my other hand with his second one, rubbing both of mine in his to warm them up.

I only realized my teeth were chattering when he pulled me to his chest, hugging me warm.