Chapter 25

hey follow me on twitter @miniturdx- new account as of august 2015! 

-o-

Abbie's POV (3 weeks later)

"Hi baby" Kevin greeted cheerfully as he opened the door for me, letting me inside his house. The weather outside was starting to wam up considerably, as we were now entering the month of May, so I was happy to step into the cool, air conditioned Burrod home. I quickly shrugged off my flimsy cardigan and hooked it onto the coat rack.

"Hey Kev" I smiled forcedly, turning towards him. He stepped forward, his arms held out expectedly for me. I chose instead to frustrate him a bit, so all I did was look him over once, before stepping around him towards the living room. I like getting him all frustrated, since it's basically my own personal way of getting revenge for what he's done for me. I know it's not much, but it's all I can do for now.

Sadly, Kevin wouldn't take no for an answer. He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around to face him, took hold of my upper arms tightly and crushed his lips to mine.

This kiss felt nothing like Niall's kisses. This one was rough and sloppy. Kevin was just being dominant, taking control over everything. I remained motionless until he was done. He backed up after a few seconds and smiled at me.

"Why the unexpected visit?" he asked, taking my hand and leading us to the living room.

"I was bored so I decided to come over" I explained, taking a seat on the sofa. "I hope you don't mind"

"Not at all! As long as we're together, You'll always be welcome in this house" Kevin reassured me, a sick, twisted smile forming on his lips.

I didn't miss the double meaning in Kevin's last message. 'As long as we're together, you'll always be welcome in this house' That was yet another one of his dark, cryptic reminders that as long as i stay with him, I can see Jordyn and Jonathan as much as I like. He made sure to drop hints similar to this one now and then, especially at times when he believes I'm not convincing enough.

For example, sometime around a week ago - maybe two, I'm not sure - we were eating dinner with his parents and my bother and sister. I wasn't really into the dinner. Kevin's parents tried getting my attention but I was so out of it that I didn't even notice. All I couldbring myself to do was look at Jordyn and Jonathan, and notice how different they were than when they lived with me.

They were wearing more expensive clothes - clothes that made them look like those snobby rich kids you see in movies. The Burrods had given the twins a haircut. Jordyn's long hair that curled lightly to her midback - perfect for playing haidresser - was cut down to her shoulders, and Jonathan's - which used to hover just above his eyes, hiding his eyebrows- had been cropped all off, leaving only about half an inch of hair.

During the whole dinner, they had been coompletely quiet, the opposite of their noisy selves during our dinners at the boys' house. It was so mind-boggling to see them like this that I'd been mesmerised by these two strangers sitting before me throughout the whole dinner, earning one of Kevin's threats:

"So, Abbie... You must be grateful that my parents decided to take in the twins... right?"

I nearly choked on my piece of meat, earning a few strange looks.  

I grabbed my glass of water and drank a few gulps as I pulled my thoughts in order.

"I'm really grateful, thank you so much Mr and Mrs Burrod" I smiled faintly at the aging couple sitting further along the table. They smiled back at me broadely.

"It's a pleasure dear! They're absolutely splendid, and you're such a sweetheart, you don't deserve to be seperated from them!" Mrs Burrod spoke, her voice filled with emotion.