Chapter 15

Abbie's POV

I got out of the shower and changed into my pajamas, my mind still going crazy from everything that had happened in the past few hours. When I got back into my room, Rose was sitting on my bed, changed into a pair of my pjs and waiting for me. She had obviously been crying; her eyes were red and her cheeks were blotchy and tear-stained.

"Can't sleep?" I asked Rose. She shook her head, smiling sheepishly. "I have too much on my mind"

I smiled sympathetically at her. "C'mon then, let's go downstairs. I'll make some tea or something"

She agreed, and we both silently made our way to the kitchen. When we entered the kitchen, Niall and Louis' heads snapped up. Niall looked extremely glum, and Louis looked sympathetic. They seemed to have been in a deep conversation.

Louis jumped out of his seat and came to Rose immediately.

"Love, you've been crying, haven't you?" he whispered lowly, his hands set firmly on her shoulders.

She frantically shook her head no, but the redness and puffiness of her eyes told a different story. He pulled her into a hug, before bringing her to sit down with him. Lou whispered something into her ear, making her smile.

Lou proposed to make the tea, so he got up, pouring water in the kettle and placing it on the stove. Rose laid her head on the table, closing her eyes. She looks exhausted. After a few seconds, I could hear light snores escaping her.

I walked over to Niall and sat in the chair next to him. He didn't make any move to touch me, so I looked at him.

I knew something was wrong. He seemed too distracted, and he looked upset, or angry, almost.

After a few moments of silence, I cracked.

"Squishy, what's wrong?" I whispered.

He let out a big sigh, before looking at me with those big, sad blue eyes of his.

"The paps followed us, Abbie. The pictures are all over twitter."

I gaped at him in disbelief. "You're kidding me!"

He shook his head sadly.

What's managment going to do?! We weren't supposed to be public yet! I gasped at the thought. This is bad. Really bad. "What did managment say?"

"I dunno" He said, "I haven't checked my phone since we got home. Lou said they're pretty pissed, though." Niall rubbed his forehead with his hands, clearly worried. "I'm just afraid of what they might do to me... I'm scared they'll kick me out of the band or something" he whispered.

My heart aches at his reaction. "Oh Squishy." I whisper, placing a kiss on his cheek "I'm so sorry."

"It's my fault, Abbie. I shouldn't have asked you out on a date. It was a bad idea. There's nobody else but me to blame" he sighed.

"Niall, it's not your fault, I'm the one who accepted-"

Suddenly, Rose screamed out bloody murder. We all jumped, and Niall fell off his chair. Louis turns off the stove and runs to her side, his eyes wide.

"Rosie! What's wrong?" I squeak as Louis pulls her into his side.

She can barely speak through her tears as Louis rubs her back.

She doesn't answer, just letting her sobs overtake her as she hides her head in Louis' shoulder. I understand exactly what's going on.

"Oh Rosie...." My heart wrenches to see her like this.