twenty

The whole week you have been nervous about the dinner, this is new to you. You feel like you are going to throw up, what if it's horrible or awkward? Jenna has told you just to be yourself, but you want to give them good impression of you. You don't want them to hate you.

''I don't know what to wear'' you have been looking for something to wear for the past two hours, Jenna is coming in like 20 minutes to pick you up. ''That one is good'' your mother says as you hold a dress in your hand.

''No too dark'' you throw it away. Your mother silently gets up from your bed without you noticing it because you are too busy to panic. You throw clothes on your bed everything you see is bad or just too normal.

''How about this one'' you turn to look at your mother. She is holding a red dress. You walk to her and look at the dress, it's perfect. ''It's perfect'' you say as you admire it. ''Are you sure'' you ask, she nods her head.

''I want you to have it, i wore it when i met your father parents, they loved it'' you give your mom a hug, she is a life saver. ''I will wait outside while you put it on'' she close the door, leaving you alone in your room.

You take your clothes off, leaving you only your underwear. You open the back zipper before you start putting it on carefully, you don't want to broke it. You look at the body mirror, it fits perfectly on you. The neckline is not too low, your curves come perfectly visible, but not too much.

''You can come'' you yell. The door opens your mother admires you. ''It's perfect'' she says as she comes behind you, she help you to close the zipper. ''You will make good impression of yourself'' she rest her head on your shoulder, watching you from the body mirror.

''I hope so'' you say as you turn around. ''Curly or straight hair'' you mother asks as she touches your hair ''curly but not too much'' she nods her head before taking the curler. You sit down on chair, she starts curling your hair.

''You don't need to be nervous, i'm sure they are nice people if their daughter is too'' she says like she could sense that you are nervous ''Her father gave mixed signals but i haven't seen her mom which scares me'' you admit.

''You look so beautiful'' your mother admires at you, you look at the mirror. ''Thank you mom'' you say, you couldn't done this without her. You hear knock on your door ''can i see'' your father asks, your mom moves away so he can see you.

''You look gorgeous'' you haven't had the best relationship with your father, not since when you turned 15. ''Thanks dad'' you say with a smile. ''You look just like your mother'' you can see how tears comes to his eyes causing you to chuckle little bit.

The doorbell rings, the nervous feeling coming back to you. You look at your mother, she excuse herself as she goes open the door. ''I haven't been the best father for you for the past few years but i'm so god dam proud of you''

Your father hugs you, it feel weird but you have missed it. You hug him back until you hear how your mother yells your name. ''I think she is here'' your father says. You walk out of your room, he following you.

You walk downstairs, Jenna stares at you mouth open. She is wearing a white blouse, the black blazer is hanging on her shoulders and she is wearing white pants with high heels. ''hi'' you whisper to her as you walk to her. ''You look beautiful Cara Mia'' she says.

You peck her lips when you hear someone taking a picture ''momm'' she is holding her phone on her hand ''i had to'' she says as she looks at the picture. ''Just don't put it on facebook'' you beg her not wanting your mother friends see it.

''Maybe'' she answers before she gets a phone call. She excuse herself before walking away from you. ''Are you alright' Jenna asks making sure you want this. ''Just little nervous'' you admit, the feeling in your stomach just only grows.