forty-two

The plane lands after almost two hours being in air. You walk out of the plane to get your suitcase, you came day earlier than you should have you just need this now. Your father should be there to get you. You grab your suitcase before you start walking towards the main doors where he should be.

''Hi honey'' he says when you walk to him before hugging him ''hi dad'' you answer. ''Where is Jenna?'' You haven't talked to her much since the thing, well you have been trying but she doesn't answer to your calls, you don't even know if she is coming ''she maybe comes tomorrow'' you tell him as you open the car door and get in while your father puts your suitcase in the trunk.

After driving about 50 minutes, you arrive to the familiar street where you spended 18 years of your life there. You made a lot of memories. Your father turns the engine off before getting out. Slowly you unbuckle the seatbelt before getting out, it feels so weird to be here again. You follow your father to inside the interior hasn't changed, it was your mother who did it.

''Hi y/n'' Your step mom aka Alison says when she comes out of the kitchen ''hi'' you hug her quickly. ''It's good to see you again'' you give her a smile ''you too'' you take your shoes off. As your father and Alison starts talking to each other, you decide to go to upstairs. Slowly you make your way to there.

There is family pictures on the walls, most of them are new one's but there is some olds one's too where is your mother. You walk towards your old room door before opening it. There isn't much because nobody uses it, there is your old bed and desk. A smile comes to your face when the memories comes.

You are glad that they don't use your room, the girls took your brother's rooms. The footsteps coming closer to your old room gets your attention ''Hi Lola'' you say to the younger one who is the nicer one too ''Hi y/n i didn't know you were here'' your hands rest on your waist when you stand middle of your old room.

''I just came, why did you come here?'' you ask confused ''I sometimes come here to read, your room has thicker walls so i don't hear Sophia talking to her boyfriend'' you walk closer to the door ''What are you reading?'' you ask pointing to the book that she is holding ''Oh Shakespreare's Romeo and Juliet, it's for a school work'' you hum, you remember when you had to read it too. You watched the movie.

''No dog this time?'' You shake your head ''My neighbor boy is looking after him'' You didn't have energy to drive, so he had to stay in Chicago. The sound of front door opening gets your attention now ''Your favorite kid is here!'' Jack's voice echo's through the house.

You walk out of your room ''No you are not'' you walk down the stairs before pulling him into a hug ''you are crushing me'' he let go off you before looking at you ''did you get shorter?'' you slap his hand as he laughs. ''I kinda wished that you would have bring Jakob with you''

''I tried but Amanda took him first'' Like usually he throws his shoes to somewhere, then later in panic he is trying to find them. ''I thought you are busy to plan houses'' your father comes to you ''well i am not that busy, i have this one woman who i help to plan house for her and her soon to be wife''

''So i was thinking..'' Jack and your father goes to another room to talk, leaving you alone. You close the front door before taking your phone out. Nervously you wait her to pick up, but she doesn't. Why doesn't she answer to you? Fuck you wish you could take your words back, but still you are mad because of the lipstick. You just want to talk with her.

''Y/n?'' Alison yells from the other side of your room door while you lay on your bed ''Yeah?'' you yell back ''we are going to watch movie in living room, if you want you can come too'' you hear footsteps going away from the door. With nothing else to do, you get up before putting pants on then you walk out of your room to downstairs where everybody else is.

''Move'' Jack moves little bit so that you can sit down on the couch ''what are we watching'' Lola asks when they go to Disney+. ''I was thinking about Pirates of Caribbean Salazar's Revenge'' The lights goes off when the movie start. You put your phone down on the armrest, hoping to get phone call.

Halfway through the movie you get bored because you have seen the movie atleast three time, you know what's going to happen. It's already 10pm, should you try to call her again? If she isn't answering to you, will she answer to someone else? You poke your father's shoulder to get his attention.

''Give me car keys'' you whispers to him, he rolls his eyes before putting the keys on your hand. Slowly without disturbing others you get up and walk to front door to put your shoes on before you get out. ''I hope i don't destroy this car'' You mumble as you get into the old mustang.

After driving good 20 minutes, you arrive to your destination. The car stops in front of the familiar house where you lived a while. Taking the key out you get out of the car, carefully closing the door. Your legs takes you to the front door and before you realize, the doorbell rings.

''It's 10pm who...'' the door opens, you stand there awkwardly before you get pulled into a hug ''y/n!'' Ava says excited before she let you go ''Hi'' you say when she brings you inside the house, closing the front door behind. ''What are you doing here?'' you follow her into the kitchen before sitting down on one of the chair.

''Came to visit home'' you simply answer to her when she brings cup of tea for you. ''Thanks'' the steam comes from the cup while the tea bag slowly brings the taste to it ''So you became a paramedic, do you like it?'' Your middle finger traces the cup's edge while you listen to her ''Yeah i do enjoy it even if when i see bad things''

''I remember when Jenna told me, i was like oh god how can she?'' you chuckle little bit, she has talked about you to her parents ''Speaking of her have you talked to her lately?'' you take sip of the hot tea. ''Yeah i did talk to her yesterday, why are you asking?'' you don't know what you should tell her, what has she told her?

''I don't know if you know but we have something going on and she hasn't answered to my phone calls'' she hums as she takes her phone out of her pocket before putting it on the table. ''Oh i know, she told me. Honestly i was jumping because of happiness when she told me that she is divorcing with the devil''

''But she told me that she needs to take care of something about the divorce with her cousin, i don't really remember but she asked Eric to take care of the important meeting that she has tomorrow, so what happened between two of you?'' you raise a brow, what is she planning to do? Is she going to cancel it?

''I told her to leave me alone because she missed this one important thing'' She doesn't need to know about the baby now, you want Jenna to be there. ''She is giving you the space'' you shake your head ''but i dont't want her to give it anymore, i just want her to answer to my phone calls so we could talk''

''She will call you soon, i know her'' she assures you when she puts her hand top of yours and gives it light squeeze ''Do you know if she is coming here?'' you ask, she shakes her head ''i'm sorry i don't know she didn't tell me'' her phone starts to ring, you manage to see who it is. Jenna. ''Hi sweetie'' she answers to her. ''Tomorrow?'' she asks surprised which makes you furrow your brows.

''You should answer to phone calls you know'' your eyes wides, you try to tell her not to talk about you to her ''Alright, bye'' she ends the call. ''I'm sorry i had to'' you take deep breath before you get up ''i think i have go back home, dad is going to freak out if i don't bring his baby back home soon''

You walk out of the house and sit down on the porch, thinking. You take the necklace from under your shirt, the necklace that she gave to you, to keep you safe. Will it keep you safe from heart break?