Twenty-six

In 2 weeks you graduate. Time has went so fast, maybe too fast. You finally got your driver license, after walking in the coldness you had to get it. Since then you have drove a lot with the car that your father got for you. You have tried spend time more with your family and relatives, because soon you are moving away from them.

People are excited when they got accepted to the colleges they wanted to get. ''I got into NYU'' Amanda yells as you guys sit outside. ''Congratulations!'' Jasmin says as they all celebrate together by jumping. ''I got accepted too!'' Fiona tells after reading where she got in.

''Where did you got accepted to?'' Amanda asks as she turns to look at you ''i haven't got it yet'' you lie, you really know where you got accepted to. ''Well maybe you get it soon'' you give her smile before she continues talking with Fiona about living together.

Sadness. That's what you are feeling now. Soon this high school life is over, you don't see your friends anymore and your family. Your brothers got into NYU too almost everyone you know got accepted to NYU.

You excuse yourself, you grab your bag before walking away from them. You stare at the sky, it's blue there is not clouds and the sun is shining. You have missed this, no cold anymore and you can wear less clothes. You walk past the footballers while they workout at the field. You decide to walk under the bleachers where usually students secretly goes smoke weed or fuck.

As you approach to the usual place where they smoke, you see a raven haired girl sitting on the old couch with a cigarette between her fingers. ''Smoke is bad for you'' you say when she looks up to you. ''Y/n'' Jenna says when you take the cigarette from her hands then drop it down and with your legs you put it out.

''What are you doing here'' she asks confused as you sit down on the old couch that has been through a lot of things. ''i don't know'' you admit, you haven't really spoken to her. ''We graduate in two weeks'' you blurt out staring at the ground. ''Yeah can you believe it'' she says. it gets silent for a little while when you try to think what to say.

''I forgive you'' she turns her head to look at you while you keep staring at the ground ''what?'' she asks confused ''i forgive you'' you say again, this time you turn to look at her ''I have been wasting time, we graduate in two weeks after that we will not probably going to see each other anymore'' You know you will not see her anymore ''w-where did you got accepted to?'' she asks ''UCLA'' you tell her, she is the first one to know.

''That's like on the other side of the country'' you slowly nod your head, everyone goes to New York while you go to California. ''We have two weeks'' you tell her ''two weeks to spend time after that we don't know when we will see each other again'' hesitantly your eyes wander to her brown ones.

''But i can't'' you furrow your brows ''w-what do you mean you can't?'' you ask confused ''after all this time, i can't you literally ignored me for months and now when we have two weeks left you want to spend time with me'' you bury your face to your hands, not wanting her to see your fucking tears again.

''I can't i'm sorry y/n b-but i just can't'' with that she gets up from the old couch before walking away from you. ''Fuck'' you whisper as tears drops to the ground. You really thought that she would say yes, how stupid can you be? Of course she says no, maybe she doesn't have feelings towards you anymore which hurts you the most.

Sitting in your room you stare at the acceptance letter, you got accepted to the college where you wanted. But everyone is so far away from you. You don't know anybody there, while your brothers have themself. You have to start alone...

''Knock knock'' your attention turns to your door where your father is standing ''hi dad'' you say to him as he walks into your room ''do you know where you got accepted to'' you close the tab without him noticing it ''no i didn't'' again you lie. ''Maybe you will get accepted to NYU too just like your brothers'' you didn't tell him that you didn't even send a application to there ''maybe'' you put a fake smile on your face.

''Dinner is ready soon'' he says before leaving to continue cooking. How do you tell him that you go to the other side of the country. The picture of you and your mom gets your attention, she would be proud of you wherever you go to. You miss her now more than anything, you just wish that she would be there.

You close your laptop as you get up from your chair and walk to downstairs. ''The food is ready soon where are you going'' your father asks as you put shoes on ''i have to go somewhere first'' you grab your car keys before walking out of the house to your car.

You park the car to the police station parking lot. You grab your stuff then get out of the car. You stare at the gray building. You take deep breath before walking towards the front doors. Slowly you make your way to one of the hallways, the one wall is full of badges that belonged to peoples who lost their life during duty.

You stare at the different badges as you slowly make your way to the end of them. So many lost their life because of the job they did. Some people were young while others were old. You stop in front the badge you were looking for, your mother's.

Last time you were there was when they put her badge to the wall of fallen heroes. You just couldn't, you didn't have the strenght to see it. But now you have accepted it, your mother is gone but the memories aren't.

You stare at your half eaten food while sitting outside with your family. Listening them talking about the NYU, with your fork you play with the food. ''And then maybe we can all three live together'' Jack says. ''Y/n?'' Jackson asks when he notices you. ''I got accepted to UCLA'' you finally tell them.

''What?'' your father asks confused ''I will go to California'' you lift your head to look at them ''That like ot-'' ''other side of the country i know'' you cut them off. ''do you know anybody who also goes there'' you shook your head. ''I got accepted to the college where i want to go'' you tell them, NYU was never your dream like it was your brothers.

''We will make sure you get a good roommate there'' a smile comes to your face, they aren't mad about the fact that you will be alone in another state.