forty-one

The keys makes a sound when you throw them onto the table, not caring if it takes you hours to find them. You immediately go to your freezer and grab something cold before it touches your face. The door closes, telling you that she came inside.

''I'm sorry'' she apologizes for the millionth time ''it's not your fault'' you tell her again, she shakes her head before coming next to you. ''Let me see'' she takes your hand away, your eye is little bit swollen. ''You should go back you already missed one meeting'' you don't want her to lose potential customers or what ever they do because of you.

''No they can wait, let me take care of you'' the cold pack touches your skin again, you hiss before you get used to it again. ''I will not die to this but maybe someone will..'' You whisper under your breath, the anger is slowly going away.

''She is my problem, not yours'' She tells you the fact ''i don't understand'' you tell her, agriness has turned into confusion. ''She agreed to sign the papers, why would she now come here and..'' you point to your face. ''Olivia is unpredictable, you should be staying here the rest of the day i don't want you take the risk of seeing her when you are out''

Your phone vibrates in your pocket, slighly annoyed you take it out before reading the text message ''who is it?'' Jenna ask curiously ''Derek'' you close the phone before putting it down on the kitchen island ''Who?'' she asks again, she doesn't know your friends. ''Friend of mine'' You chuckle when you notice Jenna staring at your phone.

You place the ice pack down before wrapping your hands around her neck ''he is just a friend'' her hands goes to your waist, her fingers squeeze it little bit ''i believe you'' she leans in but before she could touch your lips, your phone rings. With a groan, you take your phone before answering.

''Yes?'' you say when you look at the clock at the wall ''why can't Carter come?'' Jenna stares at you confused about what's happening ''give me fifteen minutes, yeah bye'' you slam the phone down on the kitchen island ''i have to go to work, apparently my substitute got sick and they don't have anybody avaible''

Jenna watches as you walk into your bedroom and soon come back with the familiar duffel bag ''can't they just put one of the firefighters to substitute you?'' Jenna asks, you shake your head as you take water bottle from the cabinet ''they go into burning buildings, they don't stand outside waiting for victims. They bring them. I mean yeah they know some basic stuff like how to cpr but when they need to put something into the patient, they are lost''

''What about your face'' she points out when you put your shoes on ''I will put some makeup over it'' footsteps coming closer to you makes you to lift your head up ''i can give you a ride''

''When do your shift ends?'' she asks before you could open the door ''uhh 2 am, i can walk to home'' she shakes her head rapidly ''no i will pick you up, just be safe'' you pull her into kiss, she tries to deeping it but you pull away ''i try my best, if i die blame Mills'' you open the door and grab your duffel bag from the backseat before walking away from her car.

You stop moving when the flashbacks comes. The men with guns. Your heart starts beating faster, you can do this. Two of them died and the two others are behind the bars. They can't hurt you. You will be alright, right? ''Come on Walker!'' Mills voice snaps you out of your thought ''Wait!'' you yell when she walks away from you.

It's 1:30 am and people turn their heads when the ambulance doors slams close, you stand in front of the driver's door with puke all over on your clothes and on your hair ''Ooh what happened to two of you?'' Watson asks when Mills walks next to you with puke clothes ''Five teenagers, that what happened'' they laugh at two of you when you guys walk towards the shower room.