first day nerves

let me know if you're enjoying the story so far !
sentences in italics are your thoughts
enjoy x
(4401 words)

You woke up to Emily's alarm, a sort of blaring siren sound that after you'd got through the initial shock of, you thought seemed to fit Emily's personality perfectly.

'Sorry baby, I need a loud one to get me up for work.' Emily said, feeling the headache coming on from it and only expecting you were too.

'Shit, did I fall asleep? I'm so sorry.' You replied, lifting yourself up from Emily's chest quickly and trying to figure out where you'd left your clothes.

'Hey, hey...' Emily grabbed hold of your hand, stopping you, '...it's okay. I enjoyed having you stay over.' She leant in and planted a kiss on your forehead, pulling back with a smile. 'No need to rush, love. I need to get off to work but you're welcome to let yourself out whenever you're ready.' She offered.

'Oh, thank you. But that's okay.' You said, turning to the clock on the wall behind you to check the time. 'I ought to get home. I need to get ready for work too.'

If it wasn't for your sheer panic you were going to be late on your first day of training at the FBI's Behavioural Analysis Unit fuelling your body with adrenaline, you're certain you wouldn't be moving this fast with a hangover and about 3 hours sleep.

'Is your house nearby?' Emily asked, as she climbed out of bed and threw the sheets messily back up towards the pillows.

'Yeah, it's just a few blocks away.' You responded, as you jumped into your trousers.

'Can you hold off for 10 minutes? I'll give you a lift.' Emily said over her shoulder as she headed towards the bathroom.

'Sure. Thank you.' You half-shouted in her direction as she got further away.

Once you were dressed, you sat on the edge of the bed waiting for Emily to be done in the bathroom. After Sergio the cat made his first appearance since you arrived and you spent some time stroking him before he got bored of your attention, you flicked your phone on to see a flow of notifications that had built up.

Not right now.

You locked your phone and placed it face-down on the bed beside you, unable to focus on anything but last night.

As you couldn't help but replay the mental image of Emily between your legs in your head, you shut your eyes and pressed your hand against them, trying to push them away so you could focus on the day you had ahead.

'Headache?' Emily asked, walking in with a towel wrapped around her body and last night's clothes hung over her forearm.

You lifted your head up, surprised at Emily's sudden appearance, before realising why she was asking.

'Oh... no. Just tired.' You half-lied. Emily smiled sympathetically at you, as she walked to her wardrobe and pulled out a shirt, a blazer and some matching trousers.

'Do you have a long work day ahead?' She asked, pulling some underwear and socks out of a drawer.

'Nine till five.' You replied, not sure if that constituted a long day in her books or not.

'Oh, strange. Me too.' She replied. You looked at her a little confused. It was 7am and this woman was acting like she was late. 'I have to go in early today to prepare.' She answered preemptively, realising what you were thinking.

'Oh, I see.' You said, as you watched her pull her blazer on around her immaculate outfit. Where you didn't mind her seeing you staring last night, this morning it felt a little awkward.