headache

no warnings for this one unfortunately, but hopefully you're enjoying the non-smut chapters as much as the smut ones 🤭

enjoy x

(3954 words)

'So, dinner tonight?' Emily checked with you as she threw her blazer over her shoulders.

'Yep.' You replied, grabbing your bag. Emily straightened her sleeves out and paused for a moment, smiling at you.

'I'm so glad we're doing this.' Emily said, walking towards you and putting her hands on either sides of your arms.

'Me too.' You said, letting yourself take in this last moment with Emily before you both headed off to work. Emily leant in for a kiss, lingering there for a little longer than she'd anticipated.

'I'd better get going.' You said, more to yourself than Emily, as you both pulled away. Emily screwed her lips into a sad smile.

'It's annoying we can't both just head there from here.' She said.

'Yeah.' You agreed, double-checking you had everything with you. 'But it shouldn't take me long to get ready seen as you let me shower here.' Emily nodded.

'Maybe next time we can arrange it so that you have your clothes for the next day with you?' Emily posed it more as a question rather than a suggestion.

You nodded, not stopping to think about it too much.

'Right, let's get going. Have you got everything?' She checked.

'Yep.' You replied, before following Emily out into the hallway and waiting as she locked her apartment door.

You left her apartment complex together and headed towards the car park. On the way to your cars, Emily's hand brushed past yours suggestively and you took it.

'So I'll see you soon, then?' She said, as you both paused in front of her car.

'Yeah.' You smiled, as Emily lifted your hand in hers and kissed it.

'And I'll see you at the restaurant after work?' She checked.

'Yeah. 7 o'clock, right?' You asked.

'Yep.' Emily said, heading towards her car door now. 'Bring some clothes with you...' Emily paused with her hand on the door, '...if you want to?' You smiled.

'I will.' You replied, before raising your hand in a limp wave. Emily did the same and you headed in the direction of your car.

When you got to your own apartment, you rushed to get ready as fast as you could so you had time to consider what you'd wear that evening.

Am I a dress person? No. Could I be though?

You paused, holding a dress out that hung in your wardrobe.

No.

You dropped the end of the dress and it swung back towards the rest of your clothes.

I don't want to wear something I'd wear for work, though.

As you looked around the items you owned, many you hadn't worn for years, you landed on a lace bodysuit.

That could be nice with trousers. Adds a bit more spice than I'd wear for work. Okay, yeah. Wearing that.

Grabbing your bag and heading out the door before you could change your mind, you headed to work in your car.

————————————
'You look chirpy this morning.' Seb remarked, as you pulled out several items from your bag.