gaps

TW: violence

writing in italics are your thoughts/memories unless used as emphasis, but in your memories your thoughts are whatever isn't in speech marks. hopefully it reads okay.

enjoy x
(3399 words)

emily's pov:

'Chief.' Luke greeted Emily, as him and JJ joined Rossi and Emily in the hospital waiting room.

'Any news?' JJ asked.

'Not yet.' Emily said. Her eyes were red from crying and her whole face seemed to have aged significantly.

'The doctor said they'd update us as soon as they know the extent of Y/n's injuries.' Rossi informed them.

'What about Bailey and the other guy? Did he give you his name?' Emily asked frantically.

'Not yet. We took prints but he's not in the system and him and Bailey are refusing to budge on giving us a name.' JJ replied.

'I should be there interrogating them.' Emily exclaimed, dropping her head into her hands.

'It'd be no use, Chief.' Luke said. 'They both lawyered up.'

'Tara's hung round in case there are any developments anyway.' JJ added.

Rossi reached his hand over to Emily's knee and rested it there.

'You're right where you need to be, Emily.' He said softly.

'I know.' She agreed finally. 'I just wish there was more i could do. I feel so... helpless.'

'We still need to sit and work out what we know already and what we're missing.' Luke reminded them. 'That way we'll be much better prepared for interrogating them with their lawyers present.'

'You're right.' Rossi agreed. 'There are aspects of this case that just aren't making any sense.'

'None of it makes any sense.' Emily said.

'Well, look... we know that Bailey's motive in all this is to get rid of you, Chief.' JJ started, pulling up a seat with Rossi and Emily. 'Rebecca already told us he'd been trying to use the BAU as a political chess piece to advance his career.'

'What we don't know about Bailey is his connection to these other two Unsubs.' Rossi continued.

'He must have known Seb before he started his training with the BAU.' Emily said. 'But God knows how.'

'Okay, well let's start with what we know about Seb.' Rossi suggested. 'Maybe that'll lead us to figure out where they might have come to know each other.'

'Hold on.' JJ paused them, as she pulled out her phone and dialled Garcia.

'Tell me you have good news.' Garcia said worriedly down the phone.

'Not yet, Pen. But we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything.' JJ replied. 'We were actually hoping you could help us.'

'Whatever you need.' Garcia responded.

'Get up what you can about Sebastian Anderson's family.' JJ instructed her.

'Got it.' Garcia replied, her key tapping audible over the phone. 'Okayyy, his father passed away 15 years ago after a car accident. His mother's alive and well and living in Iowa.'

'Any siblings?' Emily asked.

'Nope, he... wait.' Garcia paused. 'He did have a sister but she passed away last year.'