crime scene

TW: violence

bauprentisss made an INCREDIBLE trailer for this story on their tiktok @vera.prentiss! anyone who checks it out gets a virtual forehead kiss 🫶🏻

(3841 words)
enjoy x

your pov:

'Don't make me do that again.' Bailey said.

'What, afraid to get your hands a little dirty?' Another voice argued.

Your head felt heavy as you tried to lift it. You were trying desperately to open your eyes but they felt swollen.

'No!' Bailey argued. 'I just can't risk my career. You know that!'

'And what about my career?' The other person said.

'Oh come on! You only got the job so you could be an inside man!' Bailey argued back.

'Will you guys shut it?!' Another voice bellowed.

You'd finally started to look at the room around you, trying to figure out where you were.

'Yeah, and I'm way more useful inside than someone who doesn't even know how to finish a job!' The other man arguing remarked.

'Stop!' The third voice shouted. 'They're waking up!'

You started trying to break your arms free, realising they were bound to the ceiling with chains.

'Shit!' Bailey remarked.

As you shook your arms as hard as you could, wincing at the pain in your head as you did, you couldn't see the people talking. You were in the middle of an all-concrete room facing away from them.

'You're awake.' Bailey said, appearing around the side of you cautiously.

'Doug, what the fuck are you doing?!' You asked. 'Where are we?'

'Now that would be telling.' He smirked.

'How is this possible?' You asked, more to yourself than him, as you continued to fight the chains.

'How is it possible that your entire team underestimated me?' He asked. 'I've been wondering the same thing.'

'Why are you doing this?' You asked, squinting to look at him. 'Do you really hate Emily that much?'

'Honestly... yes.' He said, beginning to pace in front of you. 'We've been waiting for a reason to get rid of Prentiss for a while now.'

'Then why not just reveal her relationship with me? Why do you have to copy an Unsub's motive and kill me?!' You asked.

'Copy a motive?' Bailey repeated, his eyes wide. 'That's bold of you to assume.' He paused and looked behind you. You tried to turn around but you couldn't.

'Besides, Prentiss could easily deny your relationship if I just told.' He walked closer to you now until his face was inches away from yours. 'But your body turning up and a necklace found with photographs of both of you? She can't deny that.'

You don't know what came over you, but with Bailey so close to you and your hands bound it was all you could think to do. You leant your face forwards and spat at him.

Bailey jerked backwards, bringing his hand to his face as he looked completely disgusted. You watched him lift his tie to try and dab the spit off his face away when you heard clapping coming from behind you.

A man laughed as you heard footsteps getting closer to you.

'I can't say you didn't deserve that.' The man laughed, as he entered your field of vision to join Bailey.