bitten*

i've labelled this a smut chapter but it's only a brief part. just didn't wanna spring it on y'all with no warning

italics are your thoughts, but they're also used in this chapter to detail memories

enjoy x

(4399 words)

The following day, you were getting ready for work. With Emily not here anymore, it almost felt like last night was just a dream. Like you were the only one in the world who was frozen in time trying to make sense of it all.

Emily had ended up leaving quite late.

'I'm sorry baby, but I'm going to have to head off. All my stuff for work tomorrow is at home.' She'd said.

'Oh, okay.' You replied, lifting your head from her chest and smiling politely at her. Despite your efforts to mask it, she knew you were disappointed.

'I've had a really good time tonight, Y/n.' She tried to reassure you.

'Me too.' You said, but you'd retreated into your head a little by now, wondering what tonight even meant if you couldn't even act as if you knew her tomorrow.

Emily leant forward and kissed your forehead as she traced lines down your back. Where usually this would bring you back to the room, this time you just couldn't focus on the woman in front of you. You needed time to think.

'So, I'll see you tomorrow?' She asked, as she threw her blazer over the shirt she'd just changed into.

'Yep.' You replied, still from the bed.

'Don't be late this time!' She joked, desperate to cheer you up. You smiled and nodded in response.

Emily looked at you as your face smiled but your eyes didn't and knew you needed her to tell you what this meant for the both of you. But she didn't even know herself. She needed to go home and work some things out in her head.

You'd been so used to being alone the last few years. It was how you liked it.

You didn't have time for flings and relationships whilst you were working on building your career, and quite frankly people just got on your nerves.

But right here, as you stood in the shower with the water falling down your body whilst you stood staring at the wall, you'd never felt so lonely.

It was almost as if a whiff of Emily had reminded you just how lovely it was to be comforted and cared about.

It took a few years for you to build up the courage to be happy alone, and only 2 days for it all to come crashing down.

I need to get out.

Shutting the shower off and climbing out, you continued to get ready for the day ahead. You'd barely slept thinking about Emily all night, so luckily you'd got up early enough to take your time. You didn't have the energy to move any quicker.

When you finally reached the FBI Academy car park, you sat frozen in your car not wanting to go in.

As you watched people file in and out through the entrance, you were filled with dread thinking about being Emily's student again. Suddenly all of your plans for your future didn't seem to matter anymore. She did.

*knock knock*

You were snapped out of your thoughts by a loud knock on your passenger side window. Seeing who it was, you rolled down your window.

'Hey.' Seb said chirpily. 'Look at you, early bird.'

'Hey.' You greeted back.

'How long you been sat out here?' He asked, leaning his elbows over your opened window and into the car.