internal

hey, so this chapter's much longer than usual ones and it repeats the past a lot. I felt like I needed to continue the reader's pov even whilst y/n was in surgery so I took the chance to remind the you of Seb's involvement and his friendship with y/n.

also i just moved house yesterday to a lovely place but pls can we all pray I settle in soon cause it feels so weird being here 😭

really hope this chapter reads okay and I'm not just boring you all.

enjoy x

(5850 words)

emily's pov:

'We came as soon as we heard.' Rossi said, as the whole team bundled into the waiting room.

'What happened?' Garcia asked, tears already threatening to fall from her eyes.

'I... I don't know.' Emily said, shock written all over her face. 'They... they were fine and then... then they just weren't.'

'You said internal bleeding on the phone... Didn't they check for that already?' Tara asked.

'They said there's usually other symptoms... um nausea... swelling.' Emily listed.

'But surely there was some sign of something? I mean, it's been nearly 24 hours.' Luke reminded everyone.

'They didn't say they were in any pain.' Emily said, her face screwing up afterwards as she started to cry again.

'Oh, come here.' Garcia said, pushing past the team and pulling Emily into a hug.

'This isn't your fault, Emily.' Rossi said.

'Yeah, there's no way anyone could have seen this coming if even the doctors didn't.' Tara added.

'Maybe they could have caught it sooner if I hadn't have been here in the way though!' Emily exclaimed.

'Come on, Emily. Don't do that.' JJ said, pressing her hand against Emily's upper arm. 'Don't blame yourself.'

'What else am I supposed to do?' Emily said, sitting down helplessly. 'Nobody will give me an update.'

'If they're in surgery it might be a while until they have any news.' Rossi added.

Emily shook her head, bending forwards and running her hands through her hair.

Garcia and JJ sat down either side of Emily whilst the rest of the team stayed stood.

'You shouldn't all be here.' Emily realised. 'There's still work to do at the BAU.'

The team exchanged glances.

'Actually...' Rossi said, '...there's not.'

'What?' Emily asked.

'We've got a problem.' Luke added. 'You're not going to like it.'

Emily looked from Luke to the rest of the team.

————————————————————————
your pov:

As you headed out the bathroom and towards the kitchen to make yourself a coffee, you bumped into the guy who had been sitting next to you in the session.

'Hey, I got you a coffee.' He said, holding a paper cup in your direction. 'I figured you wouldn't get any if I didn't.'

'Oh.' You responded as you took the coffee from him. 'That's sweet, thank you.'

'So what did she want anyway?' He asked as you took a sip from your cup. 'Section Chief Prentiss?'

As you pulled the cup away from your lips, you considered which lie to tell.