spinning

as usual, italics are your thoughts.

enjoy x

(3288 words)

'Y/n? Can you hear me?' Emily's voice was the first thing you heard, as you tried to open your heavy eyes.

'I think they're coming round.' JJ said to everyone.

As you finally opened your eyes, the room was still dotting with blue, making it hard to see.

'Y/n, we're right here. You fainted honey, but you're okay.' Tara said, stroking your hair from behind you.

You realised you were laid on your back with your head propped in Tara's hands. Emily was next to you holding your hand and JJ was on the other side, with the remainder of the team crouched behind her.

As your vision returned fully, you slowly lifted your head up, seeing everyone's panicked faces around you.

You looked down at your hand that Emily was holding and back up at her. She let go suddenly so the team didn't notice.

When your hand was free you pressed it against the floor and tried to lift yourself up, your head still spinning.

'Slowly.' Tara ordered, holding your back so you didn't fall again.

'How do you feel, Y/n?' You heard Garcia ask, but you were still too out of it to reply.

'Let's give them some space.' JJ suggested, backing away slightly with the rest of the team except Emily and Tara.

'Yeah, um, I'll come get you all when they're feeling better.' Emily said. 'Go get that necklace rushed through evidence for a start. See if you can speak to the receptionist in Y/n's building, and check for any CCTV.'

'Yes Chief.' Alvez replied, as him, Rossi and JJ lifted themselves to their feet and headed out. Garcia did the same, but lingered in the doorway as she wished there was more she could do to help.

'Go on, Garcia.' Tara said. 'We'll come and find you as soon as they're feeling better, okay?'

Garcia nodded, causing a tear to fall down her cheek, as she turned and left the room too.

'You can head off too, Tara.' Emily said. 'I've got it from here.'

Although you were feeling a little nauseous, you had just started to feel like yourself a little more. The feeling was coming back to your limbs and your head wasn't spinning quite so much.

'I can stay. I don't mind.' Tara replied.

'Honestly, the best thing for Y/n right now is space.' Emily half-reassured her and half-kicked her out.

'Yes Chief.' Tara said from behind you, and you wondered if she meant it to come across as salty as it did.

Emily's hand replaced Tara's on your back, as she rose to her feet. Tara briefly pressed her hand against your shoulder and rubbed her thumb over it to comfort you, before she finally left to join the others, shutting the door behind her.

'Y/n?' Emily said, trying to see how lucid you were. You looked up at her and she could see the colour was starting to return to your face. 'How are you feeling?' She asked.

'I'm...' you blinked harshly as your vision blurred at the edges, '...okay.'

'Can I get you anything?' She asked. 'Have you had enough to eat and drink today?' You nodded.

'It's not that.' You replied. 'I'm fine thanks.'

Emily fell silent, knowing that the way she handled questioning you about the necklace was too much for you.