10 | LIKE CHRISTMAS

YOU'RE LIKE HER GUARD DOG.

☆︎ SEPTEMBER 25TH, 1996 ☆︎

Indiana loved spending the night at Tatum's house. The girl had a huge bedroom with two twin beds. All three of them changed into pajamas and got ready for bed fairly quickly — they still had school in the morning despite how late the night had gone.

Sidney was silently sulking on one of the beds while Tatum and Indiana were goofing around on the other. Indy was holding up a stuffed bunny rabbit while Tatum was recreating the epic punching moment.

"God, I loved it. 'I'll send you a copy.' Bam!" As Tatum hit her stuffed animal, Indiana dramatically made the toy fall down just like Gale did. "Bitch went down."

"I'll send you a copy," Indiana repeated before body-slamming the animal on the bed. Okay, maybe she was taking creative liberties with her retelling. "Bam! Sid — SuperBitch! Fuck, you are so cool."

Sidney managed a small smile, and then the door opened as Dewey poked his head in. He had a bag of ice with him. "I thought you might want some ice for that right hook," he said, grinning. Even if he was a cop, he thought the punch was impressive.

When he tossed the ice across the room, Sidney caught it and mumbled, "Thanks," while putting it on her hand.

"I'll be right next door," he reminded them. "Try to get some sleep."

"Yeah, yeah," Tatum said, waving him off.

As Dewey pulled the door closed on his way out, Sidney laid down on the bed, turning her back to the girls. Tatum shared a look with Indy before speaking up.

"Do you really think Billy did it?" Tatum asked them.

"He was there, Tatum," Sidney said quietly. Indiana just rolled her eyes. She didn't understand why no one would listen when she explained how Billy wouldn't have had the time to attack them and climb through the window.

"He was destined to have a flaw," Tatum said with a sigh, rolling her eyes. "I knew he was too perfect."

"God, Randy's gonna have a fucking field day with this after how he was after school," Indiana said, shaking her head. "If I thought Stu was annoyed, then Billy's gonna go postal on him once he's released."

"Oh, Stu got over it as soon as you crawled on top of him," Tatum said, snickering. "Did you see his face when he thought you were gonna kiss him? Priceless."

Finally, Sidney rolled over and looked at them, raising an eyebrow. "You almost kissed Stu?"

"Just to mess with him," Indiana said, grinning. "And it is so easy to mess with him."

Tatum leaned her head on Indiana's shoulder. "Honestly, I've been waiting forever for Stu to make a move on you."

Indiana's eyes went wide as she looked at her. "Wh — Tatum, that's your boyfriend!" she exclaimed.