18 | I'M YOURS - YOUR'RE MINE

[ SMUT WARNING. don't read it if you don't want it ]

☆︎

YOUR TRAUMA AND SKILL IS OURS TO PROFIT OFF OF AND OURS ALONE.

☆︎ OCTOBER, 1997 ☆︎

☆︎ OCTOBER, 1997 ☆︎

"So, you and that Mickey kid?"

"Goddamn it, Jax!" Indiana cursed. "He's such a snitch!"

Virginia hardly let Indiana greet her at all as the sisters got on their weekly phone call. After leaving a study session with Cici and Hallie, Indy called her older sister. Only three days had passed since her date with Mickey, and she'd been looking forward to telling Virginia all about it.

But it seemed one nosey asshole beat her to it.

"I just got off the phone with two little birdies who could not stop singing," Virginia said in a teasing tone. "Jackson said some stuff about a date, and Randy said some really gross shit conspired in film theory class this morning."

"It was not gross!"

"You were fucking holding hands!"

During class, as Dr. Mac went on about movie techniques used in older movies from the forties and fifties, Indiana was leaning back, bored out of her mind. Mickey, who had moved to the desk directly behind her after the first day of class, was leaning forward on his desk tiredly. And Randy nearly gagged when he saw Mickey reach for Indiana's hand to hold during the conversation about some Humphrey Bogart movie.

"Randy said he was toying with your fingers and rubbing your wrist and shit," Virginia said, likely grinning on the other end of the phone.

"Okay," Indiana said with a huff, falling back on her bed. "We were holding hands. What about it?"

"So, is Mickey your boyfriend?" she asked in a teasing tone. "Are you, like, in love and shit?"

Indy rolled her eyes. "No, we aren't in love. But yeah, he's my boyfriend, I guess. I can't believe they called to tell on me."

Not much had really changed in the short time that Indiana and Mickey began dating. Only three days had passed, after all. They still picked on each other and carried on with their plans with their friends — there just happened to be more affection. He'd be holding her hand while calling her fucking tasteless for her movie opinions. And she'd be sitting in between his legs, leaning back against him on the quad while informing him that he was a pretentious dipshit while taking Cici's side in one of their many arguments.

"Okay, okay," Virginia said with a little laugh. "All joking aside, tell me about it. Ya know, how'd it happen? What was the date like? Jackson left out all the actual details."