14 | WINDSOR COLLEGE

TWO HOURS AGO, YOU WERE GOING ON AND ON ABOUT HOW MEN WERE PHYSICALLY STRONGER, AND GIRLS JUST DIDN'T HAVE THE CAPABILITIES REQUIRED TO DO MANUAL LABOR.

☆︎ AUGUST, 1997 ☆︎

Evidently, getting accepted into college was difficult when you had a body count — of the murdering kind, not the sex kind. If it weren't for a truly gripping essay that brought readers to tears, Indiana probably wouldn't have received any acceptance letters at all. And the real kicker was that Isaiah wrote the essay for her.

Indiana, along with the other three graduating seniors that survived the Woodsoro murders, decided to go away for college. They wanted to be somewhere where people wouldn't recognize them as often or look at them with pity as they passed. After everything they went through, all four of them agreed they wanted to stay together, so it narrowed down their choices considerably when also looking at smaller towns.

So, that was how they ended up on the other side of the country, and a little too close to North Carolina for Indiana's comfort, going to a college in Ohio.

Someone on the admissions board at Windsor College in bumfuck nowhere must have been on something when they decided to accept not only Indiana, but Sidney, Randy, and Jackson into their school as well. Or maybe they were just itching to brag about having so many survivors at their institution.

Nevertheless, they offered all the desired degree programs that each wanted to pursue. Sidney enrolled in the theatre program, and Randy was studying film, of course. As for Indiana and Jackson, well, they decided to go to school since The Woodsboro Killers were on a short hiatus until Sophia and Isaiah graduated from high school.

There was no telling what would happen with their music once all four of them were reunited, but for now, both were content with a calm life in Ohio. Jackson's plan was to go into sports medicine — it'd been his plan before starting the band when Indy got to town.

And Indiana was getting a degree in music management with a minor in film studies. If the musician thing didn't pan out — which she didn't doubt for a second, but Virginia talked her into having a backup plan — Indy wanted to be a music supervisor for movies and television shows.

In order to get the four students across the country, they opted to rent a moving truck and pile all their things inside. Since Indiana was the only one without a car still, she and Virginia drove it while the others were accompanied by their families for the road trip.

For about half a day, Virginia considered moving to Ohio with Indiana just to keep an eye on her. But then they realized that was pushing her overprotectiveness a bit too far. So, she was going to stay in Woodsboro and trust along with the other parents that the eighteen-year-olds could survive on their own since there weren't any serial killers hunting them.