38 | BAD PUBLICITY

OUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP? WELL, I WOULDN'T CALL IT THAT PERSONAL GIVEN I DIDN'T KNOW HIS GODDAMN LAST NAME AND OCCUPATION UNTIL ABOUT TEN SECONDS AGO.

☆︎ FEBRUARY 2ND, 2000 ☆︎

Cotton Weary was, in fact, dead. And for reasons that the local police wouldn't tell him, Dewey seemed to think they believed someone working on the Stab 3 set was responsible for it and the murder of his girlfriend, Christine.

So, Indiana and every other person currently employed by the movie had to get up at ass o'clock in the morning and go to the studio. And Dewey explained that over the next few days, detectives would be paired up and interviewing all of them and the two lead detectives would likely be hanging around the set for some time.

The interrogations were being held in various places around the studio, and the one that each member of The Woodsboro Killers would sit through was in a small room meant for table reads that was just a little ways away from the main set.

Jackson was called first, and Indiana sat with Sophia on the steps of the fake Macher house, waiting for their turn. Isaiah was anxiously pacing in front of them while Luca was leaning sleepily against the front door.

"I wonder what's taking so long," Isaiah mumbled, looking in the direction where an older man named Detective Wallace led Jackson away. "Jennifer's interview only took five minutes."

"Because Jennifer's a ditz that's not smart enough to commit murder," Sophia told him, the corners of her lips turning up. "By that standard, Luca's should only last a few minutes as well."

"Rude," Luca whined while lightly kicking her back with the toe of his sneakers. "I was literally just standing here." Sophia just shrugged, not prepared to take her comment back. "And besides, it couldn't be me or any of us. We were at our show all last night. So these cops are stupider than me for even talking to us."

"Dewey said it was just the procedure," Indiana said, leaning back on her hands. "Everyone from Milton to the cleaning staff is getting interrogated whether they've even met Cotton or not. But Luca's right — still a huge waste of taxpayer money. Then again, all cops are a waste of taxpayer money."

"Dewey is still considered a cop," Isaiah reminded her, raising an eyebrow.

"And we love him," Indiana said while Sophia nodded along. "But I also think he and the others are useless in eighty percent of situations, and they need to be defunded." And again, Sophia nodded in agreement.

"So, you don't think they're useful enough to find out what happened to Cotton?" Luca questioned, coming to sit on the stairs with them.

"It's not like they've exactly been helpful in past murder situations," Sophia muttered. Dewey didn't help stop Billy and Stu. The cops assigned to protect Indy and Sidney at Windsor both ate it. Not to mention the horrible ones involved with the death of Indiana's parents that put her in handcuffs for being the only one alive on the scene. She didn't expect the detectives here to be any better just because they were from a big city.