41 | NO BOYS ALLOWED

[ this is kinda borinh. i'm sorry ]

☆︎

RIGHT, I'LL BE THERE TOO SINCE I'VE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING EVER IN MY LIFE, I GUESS.

☆︎ FEBRUARY 3RD, 2000 ☆︎

It was fairly silent in the wardrobe-department-turned-crime scene. In fact, one of the only sounds you could hear was Indiana chewing on a blueberry donut, watching as Sarah Darling's body was finally zipped up and stored in a body bag now that the crime scene photos were finished being taken.

After Mark left, Indiana fell right back asleep, not too concerned with the newest murder. But once she was actually up for the day, she and Jackson decided to take a page out of Dewey, Virginia, and Gale's book to try their hand at investigating. Indy wasn't going to sit on the sidelines and wait around for the third-act surprise this time. But before going to the Stab set, they did stop for donuts on the way — partially to wave in front of all the police officers' faces as a joke and partially because they wanted breakfast.

And having been sharing a wall with Indiana at the house, Jackson just kept glancing between her and Mark who barely acknowledged each other, making him even more confused about their situation.

Then there was Wallace, who also kept looking between them, an annoyed glare on his face. Because Indiana didn't even bother to try and cover up the fact she'd been fucking Mark mere hours ago. Though Mark did try to hide all signs of it after changing clothes, you could still see a bruise in the outline of Indiana's lips on his neck. In all his years of working with Mark Kincaid, he'd never done something so unprofessional before.

Including letting his hookup-slash-suspect into the room where Sarah Darling was murdered.

"You're dropping donut crumbs all over the crime scene, Miss Winger," Wallace finally said in a flat tone.

"What? Am I just supposed to starve?" Indiana asked, narrowing her eyes at Detective Wallace.

"Ideally," he mumbled under his breath.

"I can't believe Sarah ran in here to hide," Jackson said, ignoring Indy and the detective glaring at each other. "There's like twenty Ghostface costumes in here. She wouldn't have seen him coming."

"Probably herded her in here like a little lamb to be slaughtered. Smart move on his part," Indy chimed in. And Wallace and Mark just looked at her in exasperation over saying something so twisted. "Okay, I heard it that time. That did make me sound a little serial killer-y."

Then one of the officers that was bagging and tagging evidence walked over, handing Wallace a printed-off photo that was found on the body, now sealed in a bag to keep them from contaminating it — ya know, with donut crumbs and such.