42 | LEARNED NOTHING

[ i zoomed to write this and idk why but i love this chapter so much. nothing special even happens but it's got some nice luca and isaiah moments (before his annoying cousin eats it lmao) and an indy and mark phone call.

anyway, it's my bedtime and i shall treat your comments like the morning paper over breakfast when i wake up as always ]

☆︎

TOMMY, NO! COME OUTSIDE. PLEASE, COME BACK OUTSIDE, TOMMY!

 PLEASE, COME BACK OUTSIDE, TOMMY!

☆︎ FEBRUARY 3RD, 2000 ☆︎

"Have you learned nothing?"

"Evidently not," Indiana mumbled while throwing a t-shirt on and tucking it into her baggy jeans.

Sophia and Jackson were both in her bedroom with her, watching as she got ready to head out with the others to the gathering or whatever at Jennifer's house. The Martin siblings were the only ones to turn the invite down.

"I'm not going to have fun. I'm going to guard Luca and Zay with my life," she told them, letting out a huff. "I'd much rather be here, relaxing—"

"And calling up Detective Dreamy for another angry smush session?" Sophia asked, raising a teasing eyebrow.

"You know what?" she asked with a smirk. "Yeah. That sounds much more preferable than being stuck in a house with annoying actors, a potential Ghostface killer, and probably Gale because she follows Dewey and Virginia everywhere."

"So, like, Mark?" Jackson asked, flipping over onto his stomach and looking up at her. "I mean, you still like him? Or do you hate him? I can't tell. You're very wishy-washy about that whole thing."

"I hate him and I also think he's one of the killers," she admitted, grabbing her shoes. Then she sighed. "But he's also just... I don't know. There's this small part of me that hopes he's not a killer, but I learned a long time ago that hope isn't something you can count on."

"But you want him to not be a killer so you can date him, right?" Sophia questioned. "Cause it's not just about fucking him or you wouldn't have invited him to the concert or given him your number or even got so angry when you found out he was a cop. That warrants more than just-fucking feelings — real feelings."

"I'm sorry, did you two decide to ambush me before you came in here or something?" she asked the siblings, letting out a scoff.

"Just, ya know, if he's not Ghostface, then we support whatever you decide," Jackson told her. "Assuming you do the right thing and don't ignore your feelings and pretend like they don't exist because you're scared to be hurt again."

Indiana sucked on her teeth, feeling a little attacked. "Right, well, I really appreciate the advice from someone too scared to tell the girl he loves that he likes her and someone whose last relationship ended when her model girlfriend stole all the alcohol from the hotel minibar and ran off to leave it on Rod's tab."