31 | FRONTMAN

[ look, we're gonna jump around months a lot before making it to scream 3. we'll just get little summaries and synopsis of what the gang is getting up to. but mark and roman will be here soon, i promise ]

☆︎

SHE'S MOVING ON WITH HER LIFE BUT SHE'S NOT BETTER.

☆︎ NOVEMBER, 1998 ☆︎

"Are you sitting on the remote?"

Luca looked up at Randy from the magazine he was reading while seated on the couch. He at least wiggled a little, feeling the cushions with his butt. "No," he said simply while going back to the article about Brad Pitt.

Randy narrowed his eyes at the older boy. "Get up."

"I just said I wasn't sitting on it," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Just do it," Sophia groaned, rubbing her forehead. "He's been complaining about Seinfeld for the last twenty minutes."

"Indiana likes watching Seinfeld," Isaiah spoke up, not taking his eyes off his Gameboy.

"Indy's not fucking here," Randy snapped.

"No, she's not. So why are you all in my house?" Virginia asked while walking into her living room. Her hair was thrown up in a messy bun and she didn't even bother to get out of her pajamas.

It was true. Indiana was nowhere to be found — she'd be home soon from her breakfast shift at Cricket's, where she started working again after her leg healed up. It was Sophia, Isaiah, Randy, and Luca who were crammed into the Winger living room, and they'd been there for at least an hour despite all having places to live.

Sophia looked at Virginia, just raising an eyebrow. "Dewey doesn't live here either but he's upstairs in your bedroom."

Virginia scoffed and leaned to the side, crossing her arms defensively. "He is not," she lied as if his cruiser wasn't parked on the street.

"Hey, Dew!" Sophia shouted, not even looking away from the older woman.

It was silent for a moment before Dewey timidly called back to her, his voice coming from the stairs. "...Hi, Soph."

"Oh, my god. Virginia and Dewey are fucking again. That's so not brand new information," Randy said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "Luca, get off the couch."

"I'm not sitting on the fucking remote, Meeks!" Luca shouted.

It was at that point that Luca realized he was, in fact, sitting on the remote.

But Luca just scoffed and continued to argue with Randy, refusing to give in. "I can't believe you don't trust me."

"Gee. I wonder what circumstances I've been through in life that have made me reluctant to trust," he shot back, his tone heavy with sarcasm.