22 | SPRING BREAK

[ SMUT WARNING for the end of the chapter. really, it's like spicy crumbs, but still.

also, it's my finals week and then i've got to move out of my dorm for the summer, so gonna be very busy the next few days with no opportunity to write, so sorry, but it'll be a couple of days before the new chapter. and if you've got finals, good luck !  ]

☆︎

AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY SOME SHIT LIKE YOU'RE THE ONLY FISH IN THE SEA FOR ME?

☆︎ MARCH, 1998 ☆︎

"Oh, a crop field!"

"Look, another field."

"Woah, that's a field with cows in it."

"Mickey," Jackson said, breathing loudly through his nose, "shut the fuck up about the goddamn fields."

Windsor's Spring Break finally arrived for the students, and after deciding to skip their Friday classes, Sidney, Randy, Indiana, and Mickey all filed into Jackson's van and headed for California that Thursday. It was certainly a long drive to be cooped up together for so long, and they were ready for some distance as they finally made it across the country by Friday night.

Mickey thought he was so fucking funny as he began pointing out the sights — or rather lack of sights — that they passed on the last hour of their drive. Meaning he just pointed out the fields, barns, and run-down gas stations they passed on the backroads that led to Woodsboro.

Of which there were a lot.

"But look," Mickey said, pointing out the window with a shit-eating grin on his face. "There's a field next to another field!"

"You act like you're not from Harlan, Kentucky," Indiana muttered, rolling her eyes playfully. "It's not even big enough to have two fields."

"Ah, but they have four times the meth barns," Randy chimed in with a sly smirk.

"Guys, we are four minutes from Indy's house," Sidney spoke up. "I think we can go four more minutes together without getting into another disagreement."

"Don't sugarcoat it, Sid. They're fights," Indiana said, smiling. "Jackson literally slowed down in Colorado while Randy tried to push me from the moving vehicle."

"Which I never would've let happen," Mickey said while wrapping an arm around her. They were in the back row of the van, having been banished there after Randy had to watch them make out when they were in the middle.

"You were trying to unhook her seatbelt and help," Sidney reminded him flatly.

"She said Die Hard was only okay!" he said, raising his voice. "We can't be blamed for our actions."