23 | MORAL MAJORITY

YOU ROBBED ME? I'M CALLING THE POLICE.

☆︎ APRIL, 1998 ☆︎

Indiana's phone had been unplugged for a whole week as the opening weekend of the Stab movie crept up on them. It didn't help that one of the smaller theaters down the road from the Windsor campus was chosen as one of the locations to do an early, Wednesday night screening.

Sidney and Indiana got the most prank calls with people pretending to be Ghostface, but every now and then, Jackson and Randy got some as well. It'd only get worse with the movie coming out. But Indy wouldn't be waking up to the annoying sound of her phone ringing despite the ten different people that tried their hardest to reach the unplugged line.

Instead, she woke up as she usually did to her alarm and then sleepily trudged to the community bathroom to get a shower. The second film theory class was one of her favorites, but she would've preferred it to be a little later in the day, not at eight in the morning. So, she was barely coherent as she walked down the stairs of her dorm with a cup of coffee she made with the pot in her room.

But she sure fucking perked up when she stepped outside and got a face full of cameras. Indiana blinked rapidly and took a step back, her ears catching all the questions being shouted at her by people with microphones in hand.

"Indiana! Do you feel threatened?"

"Do you think there'll be more?"

"Indiana, did you know the victims?"

"What can you tell us about the murders?"

"Please, give us a statement."

Indiana must have looked like an idiot as she looked at them dumbly. But before she could ask what the hell they were talking about, someone grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the crowd. The reporters continued to shout at her, but her savior — Cici — simply shouted, "No comment!"

Cici continued to drag Indiana away from the crowd and toward the film building. Thankfully, none of the people followed after them. But Indiana quickly noticed that most everyone looked at them — her — as they passed.

"What the hell was that?" Indiana asked, looking over her shoulder. "They were asking about victims."

"You don't know?" Cici asked, slowing their pace a bit. The expression on her face was crushed, causing Indiana's stomach to twist. Then Cici sighed. "God, you don't watch the news. How could you know?"

"Know what?"

After sighing again, Cici stopped Indiana, pulling her off the sidewalk so that others could keep walking. When her friend took her hands, Indiana's frown deepened. "Last night, two Windsor students were murdered."