37 | REMEMBER TO FORGET

[ she's a little longer, but i couldn't find a good stopping point ]

☆︎

INDIANA, MICKEY IS NOT COMING BACK.

☆︎ JANUARY, 2000 ☆︎

"You have to calm her down!"

Sophia paused, a potato chip halfway to her mouth as she was answering a call from Dewey. She was backstage, waiting for their Utah concert to begin, and didn't even get to greet Dewey before he started talking.

"Whatever happened to 'hello'?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "And we literally just saw each other two days ago."

The Woodsboro Killer's tour was put on hold for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so that everyone could be with their families. Then after New Year's passed, they were back on the road to finish out the rest of the stops in states lining the southern border. The tour was nearly over anyway and would be finished by the end of the month.

"I'm not joking, Soph. She is gonna call you, and you have got to calm her down," Dewey hissed, clearly panicking.

"Calm who down?" she asked. "What did you fucking do?"

"It's Virg—"

Then Sophia's phone buzzed in her hand and let out a chime, telling her that there was another incoming call. She pulled it back and looked at the screen, seeing Virginia's name flash across it.

"Virginia is calling."

"Goddamn it!" he cursed. Then he sighed heavily, sounding defeated. "You should take that."

Sophia was very confused as she swapped phone calls, moving from one angry adult to another. And just like her boyfriend, Virginia didn't even bother to greet Sophia or let her say anything.

"You need to talk some fucking sense into your brother — not Jackson!"

Everyone knew Dewey thought of Sophia as a sister in the same way that Jackson and Indiana were as good as siblings.

"I'm sensing Deputy Dipshit has done something wrong," Sophia said, smirking a little bit.

"You're not gonna believe him," she said, practically seething. "You know how he's been sort of on the fence working at the station at the desk?"

"Yeah," she said, taking it a little more seriously. Dewey had been miserable as of late when it came to his job. He'd always tied his self-worth to being an officer, so being unable to do that — even though he was moving better every day — was hard on him. "Did he get fired or something?"

"No, he got a new job. I will give you three guesses as to what his dumbass did."

"I'm not good at guessing. What did his dumb, flat ass do?"