Forgive and Forget

"Took you long enough," Jiraiya mentioned as soon as I opened the door to the Hokage's office, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I had been gone for more than thirty minutes, and Jiraiya had obviously been waiting for me at that time. His words were laced with impatience as he greeted me.

His eyes were fixed on me expectantly, as if he had been waiting for me for some time. I could feel the tension in the air, and I knew he was eager for me to report what had happened on my mission.

He crossed his arms, his expression still fixed on me as he waited for my response.

"Sorry Jiraiya-sensei," I said quickly, bowing my head in apology.

His expression softened slightly as I apologized and he uncrossed his arms.

"It's okay," he said. His voice was still a bit stern but no longer full of impatience. "Let's hear your report."

I then faced Lady Tsunade and bowed respectfully before launching into my report. I took my time, making sure to include every detail.

Throughout Tsunade had remained silent and stoic, her eyes never leaving me as I explained the events that had taken place on the mission.

I took my time recounting every detail of the mission, from the locations I had been to, to the people I had encountered, and the obstacles I had faced.

I also went over the jutsus I had used in the mission, giving detailed descriptions of each one and the effects they had on the situation. Jiraiya nodded in approval as I listed off the jutsus, looking pleased with my progress.

Lady Tsunade still remained silent, her eyes still fixed on me as I detailed the events of the mission.

Jiraiya listened intently, occasionally asking me to elaborate on certain details. He nodded in understanding before turning his gaze to Tsunade.

She finally spoke, her voice harsh and demanding. "You are dismissed. I will review your report and make a decision on what to do."

I bowed and left the room, feeling a chill in my spine.

I had almost forgotten how intimidating Lady Tsunade could be. Her gaze was piercing and her voice firm, yet she listened intently to my report.

I knew that if I had not done a thorough job, she would have noticed and would have held me accountable for it. I felt a chill in my spine as I left the room, thankful to have been able to deliver an acceptable report.

As I left the room, I heard Jiraiya's voice behind me. "Hey kid, you did good," he said.

"All because you pushed me hard enough," I replied with a smile. "Thank you, Jiraiya-sensei. I couldn't have done it without your help."

Jiraiya chuckled as he ruffled my hair. "It's all part of the job," he said.

"Just remember, if you ever need help, I'm here." I smiled and nodded in agreement, feeling grateful to have such a supportive teacher.

I thanked Jiraiya one last time before he left my side.

I sighed, starting to walk away from the Hokage's office, my mind still racing with the events of the mission. I had done it. I had successfully completed the 'mission' and presented my report to Lady Tsunade. I was filled with a sense of accomplishment and pride.

I heard a rustling sound and quickly reached for my kunai, my heart racing. It wasn't often that I heard such noises around here, so my first instinct was to be on guard. I scanned the area for any signs of danger, but I couldn't see anything.