Chapter Twenty-Two

Mae watched as the earth shrank into a blue dot on a black background.

Tears welled in her eyes and she began to flail her arms and legs. "How could you?! Take me back!"

Vegeta groaned in pain as she hit his wounds. "Stupid brat!" He punched her.

Mae cried out from her own injuries. "Take me back!"

"Shut up and go to sleep!" Vegeta grabbed something that looked like a mask off the side of the pod and put it on Mae's face.

Gas flowed into her mouth and nose, causing her to feel drowsy. "No...no..." she collapsed on the saiyan Prince.

"Finally," Vegeta leaned back. "Soon I'll have my revenge." He closed his eyes and fell unconscious.

Back on Earth, Krillin looked at the sky, "no...Mae..." he walked over to Gohan and picked him up before going to Goku. "I'm sorry...I couldn't grab her."

Goku sighed, "I should be sorry...but I think Mae will be okay. He must've taken her for a reason. Mae is tough, I'm sure she's not gonna give him an easy time."

"Yeah," Krillin looked down. "About the ones who died...we gotta see if there's a way to bring them back."

Suddenly an airship flew above them and a voice called out, "hellooo?"

Goku and Krillin looked up, glad to see their friends had come to retrieve them. The ship landed and as the door opened a woman forced her way out.

"Gohan! Mae!" Chi-Chi ran out looking for her children.

"Chi-Chi!" Goku gasped, surprised to see her.

Chi-Chi ran and jumped over Goku and went straight to Krillin, taking Gohan from him.

"Gohan! Gohan! Wake up! Mommy's here! What did they do to you?" Chi-Chi looked her son over before looking around. "Where's Mae?!"

"G-Gohan's fine," Krillin said. "Goku is the one who's really..."

"I'm sorry I left you with him!" Chi-Chi hugged Gohan. "I'll never do it again. We'll get your sister and go home." She looked at Krillin. "Where is she?"

"Well Chi-Chi..." Krillin hesitated. "That's the thing. Just as the saiyan left he grabbed Mae and took her with him."

Chi-Chi's jaw dropped and her knees felt weak, but she didn't fall since she was still holding Gohan. "H-he took her?"

"I'm sorry, Chi-Chi," Krillin said as he turned back to Goku.

"Goku, are you okay?" Bulma asked him.

"The saiyan got away," Krillin said as he approached. "His power is on a whole other level. Only the four of us are left. Bulma, they got everyone including Yamcha, and he took Mae."

"We can bring them back with the dragon balls in a year," Bulma said. "And when Goku is better he can get Mae back."

"Well..." Krillin paused.

"What? I'm right aren't I?" Bulma asked.

"Piccolo is dead, and so the dragon balls are gone," Goku said.

"You're joking," Bulma said. "You said four survived, so the other one has to be Piccolo right?"

"Does it?" Yajirobe stepped out from where he was hiding.

"No! You don't mean!" Bulma fell on her bottom. "Yamcha...Yamcha's never been...but..." tears started to well in her eyes.

Master Roshi looked down at the ground. "I can't believe it. "I just assumed that Piccolo had survived as well."