Chapter Eleven

Over the next forty days, Goku continued trying to get used to the gravity on King Kai's world. Each day he continued to chase after the monkey, Bubbles. Finally one day he managed to catch him.

"I did it!" Goku cheered with the monkey in his arms. "I finally caught him!"

"Excellent!" King Kai said after his moment of surprise faded. 'He is as great as I had hoped. There's still 118 days remaining in his training. He may be the one to master the Kaioken! The Kaioken, the technique I created but could never master.' He thought to himself with a certain excitement.

"So, you think you're ready?" King Kai asked energetically. "Well, my training is harder than you can even imagine! Do you really think you can handle it?"

"I'm ready!" Goku clenched his fist, his eyes shone with determination.

"You have to be the best! The greatest fighter in the whole universe! Not only physically and mentally but in every way possible!" King Kai continued.

"I'm ready!" Goku repeated. He was eager to get to training, not not only boost his power but his skills as well.

King kai put his hands behind his back and turned away from Goku. "First, let's have some tea." Goku fell over at the kai's statement.

Meanwhile on Earth, Krillin, Tien Shinhan, Chiaotzu, Yamcha and Yajirobe stood on Kami's lookout. They too had been putting in all their effort to train and prepare for the saiyans.

"All of you have surpassed me now," Kami told the group. "There is nothing more I or Mr. Popo can teach you. Now you must return to the lower world and continue to train. Work hard and refine your skills until the day of confrontation arrives. I leave the future in your hands.

"Yes sir!" The group said together. After, they went their separate ways, each having things they wanted to improve on.

Gohan continued his training with Piccolo. The boy had learned to gain control of his energy through daily sparring matches. Piccolo didn't hold back against Gohan since the saiyans wouldn't be holding back either.

Mae pushed herself further everyday. Using what she remembered from her father, she worked hard to hone her fighting abilities and control her energy. However, she wasn't focused on the looming saiyan threat. Piccolo was her enemy and she was determined to take him down.

The upcoming battle was going to be a hard one. One that not even Baba the fortuneteller could predict. They could only hope that with everyone working hard they would be able to band together and defeat the saiyans.

More and more days passed and the saiyans drew closer and closer to earth.

On King Kai's world Goku held his hands up and energy flowed into him. He focused the power into his fist. "Okay, I'm set!" He told his teacher.

King Kai stood a few paces away from the saiyan, a large block floating over him. "Let's begin. Catch this giant brick at super speed."

"Okay," Goku nodded, getting into a fighting position.

"Hiyah!" King Kai yelled and launched the block at Goku.

Goku focused himself and dodged as it came at him. King Kai sped up the block, making it come at Goku even faster. He paused and waited for the right moment. As the block came close, Goku punched at the air, releasing the energy he had stored in his fist. It flew at the block and hit it head on, shattering it completely.

"He...he did it," King Kai said in awe. "Amazing Son Goku! I never imagined you would master the Spirit Bomb so quickly!"

"Well I worked hard," Goku replied.