Chapter Twenty-Four

Bulma and Mr. Popo went back to the hospital to tell the others what they had found.

"The spaceship is perfect," Bulma explained. "With it we can get to Namek in just one month! We just need to redo the interior a bit. We can take off in five days!"

"Going to Namek in Kami's ship! That's awesome!" Krillin exclaimed.

"That glimmer of hope is finally becoming a reality," Korin smiled.

"So, Mr. Popo, we'll leave going to Namek up to you," Bulma said to him.

"Hm? Mr. Popo isn't going," he shook his head.

"What?! But you're the only one who understands Namekian! Also you look tough, the only way is for you to go!" Bulma protested.

"Mr. Popo can't go," he replied. "There would be no one at Kami's castle for two months. It would be no good. Don't worry, Mr. Popo will teach Namekian."

"Then you have to go, Bulma," Krillin said. "You're the only one knowledgeable about electronics if something goes wrong."

Bulma scowled at the thought. "Alright. It doesn't sound too dangerous...I'll have to add a shower room, a comfortable bed, and a stereo..." she began listing things. "But I don't want to go alone! Someone come with me!"

"Two months round trip!" Roshi grinned eagerly. "Alright I'll go!"

"That'll just add more danger," Bulma rejected the offer. "Goku is in no shape to go. Krillin, you'll come with me won't you?"

"What? Me?" Krillin asked. "Well I wanted to train, in case that saiyan comes back with Mae...but alright I'll go."

"Lucky you," Goku said. "I want to go to. I wanna see what Namek's Shenron looks like."

"Well you take it easy, and figure out how to deal with that saiyan," Krillin said.

"Yeah," Goku nodded. "We're counting on you two."

"Take me with you too," Gohan spoke up.

Everyone looked at the boy in surprise.

"Gohan, what sort of joke are you making?" Chi-Chi asked, slightly concerned.

"It's not a joke," Gohan said. "I seriously want to go."

"Don't be ridiculous," Chi-Chi said. "Two months, on top of all this?"

"Im sorry," Gohan said. "I want to go. No matter what I want to bring Piccolo back with my own hands. And if there's a chance we can find Mae while we are out there...I have to take it."

"I see," Goku smiled. "Good for you, Gohan."

"What kind of nonsense are you two talking about?!" Chi-Chi snapped. "There's no need for you to do that, Gohan! What if something were to happen! Two months after an entire year of worrying and now your sister is gone too! What about cram school? Your lessons? You're way behind the other kids already! I won't allow it! I absolutely forbid it! Who cares about Piccolo! And when your father is better he will go out and find Mae! You're a little kid so act like one!"

Goku frowned at his wife's scolding but before he could say anything Gohan yelled.

"BE QUIET!"

Everyone in the room went silent at his command, even his own mother. Chi-Chi looked at her boy, completely shocked.

"Now isn't the time to say such things mom," Gohan said. "Everyone...we all fought for the earth. We have to bring back those who died and fight the saiyan again. We have to save Mae." He felt a hole in his chest where his twin was missing. "I can fight too. I have to do something."