𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 1981

"Mon Feu, Moony. Been a long time."

Mon Feu.

There was only one person that called Edith Mon Feu.

Edith turned around as quickly as she could. She was met face to face with a shaggy looking man. His hair was severely unkempt and his prison clothes were ragged. None of them could even blink before Edith had run at full force at the man now in front of her.

"Edith!" Regulus shouted, trying to stop her. But it was no use. Edith had already tackled Sirius to the ground, holding her wand at his face with her eyes ablaze.

Sirius wickedly chuckled. "Gonna kill me, Mon Feu?"

"Are you fucking helping him?!" Remus exclaimed as he now pointed his wand at Regulus.

"Let him explain!" Regulus held his hands up to show he was unarmed.

"Explain?!" Edith shouted, her eyes never leaving Sirius'. "He killed my brother! Murdered 12 muggles! Killed Peter, Lily!"

Sirius just stared up at her, his face unchanging. "I didn't. Look into my mind. I know you remember how to, Edith."

Edith doesn't think twice before shouting, "Legilimens!"

She was thrown back to that Halloween night twelve years ago...

The street lights were flickering. But they were illuminated enough to show two men standing on opposite sides of a street, pointing their wands at one another.

One's face was stone cold and unchanging. The other had tears running down his face.

"How could you! How could you do this! They were our friends! Our family! Peter!" Sirius shouted through the tears.

Peter kept his wand pointed forward. "You wouldn't understand, Sirius. You've always been strong. You never had to be the odd one out. But he gave me that power. I just had to help him a little..."

"What about Edith.. Remus.. Juliet! Your goddaughter!"

Peter rolled his eyes. "As if they ever truly cared." A small smirk came to Peter's face. "This is where it ends, Sirius."

Within the next second, the memory changed. Sirius was on his knees, broken. He was laughing, crying, mumbling to himself.

He'd completely lost it.

Edith was thrown out of the memory, panting slightly. Sirius still stared up at her with the same expression, though a tear now fell down his dirt ridden face. "I would never betray James and Lily. You had to have known that."

With no words, Edith stood up off of Sirius. She held out a hand to him. He took it, getting up to his feet.

"Edith? What did you see?" Remus asked, his wand lowering. He could tell by the mate bond, she wasn't afraid anymore. Her aura towards Sirius had changed. He was no longer a threat.

Edith shakily dropped her wand, surging forward at Sirius once more. But this time she wasn't tackling him to the ground with a wand pointed at his face. No, this time... she hugged him.

Sirius didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her waist, holding her as close as he could as he buried his face in her shoulder.

"...It wasn't Sirius. It was Peter." Regulus explained to a confused looking Remus. "He joined Voldemort just after we heard about Harry's prophecy. They changed secret keepers last minute... Peter sold them out."

"Mon Feu... I'm so sorry... It's all my fault.." Sirius choked out a sob into her shoulder.

Edith clutched onto his horrible prison robes as she began to cry. "It...It wasn't your fault Siri..."